Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

jesse3638

Hooked
Went on a trail run through the Old Dale Mining District in Joshua Tree. The boy wanted to introduce his XJ to dirt so I found some takeoff wheels with ATs mounted, added some front tow hooks and threw in a CB. It was fun watching how capable a stock XJ is. 😎
View attachment 319513
View attachment 319514
View attachment 319515
View attachment 319516
View attachment 319517
View attachment 319518
Deja vu... The XJ blew a heater hose. You'd think I would've had a repair kit. 🙄 Luckily there was enough slack in the hose to cut it and reconnect.
View attachment 319519
On the way home, a Marine saw us at a gas station and asked for some help for his buddy. Hooked up my winch and flipped him back over.
View attachment 319520
After letting it sit for a while, it fired right up.
View attachment 319521
My daughter in law talked to the guy the next day and scored some new seats for the XJ. 😎
View attachment 319522
All in all, a successful first run for Roxie. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
I haven't been out there in a few years. It's really a cool place to explore. A lot of old mining history. If you made it to the orange head frame up top that shaft goes down a couple hundred feet and has tunnels all through it. Google underground explorers.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

57081823727__D02C3747-8FBC-49E7-9260-A12B0A2562D6.JPG
IMG_8646.JPG
IMG_8647.JPG

Just to Casis elementary school to use the winch to straighten some fence posts that were leaning over. It’s the third time the Jeep and winch have helped do some grounds work at the schools.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
It much be a “put the Jeep to work” weekend. Took it up to my dads property. Used WYNNsky tire repair kit to fix the tractor tire

IMG_0318.jpg

Then chained the Jeep to a tree, put it in neutral, and used the 12k warn to drag a bunch of large maples across the ice before it melted.

IMG_0319.jpg IMG_0321.jpg

BaddestCross

Looks cool... Wish I could’ve joined you guys... how did everyone do in the rocks?
Luckily we were in the front for the "harder" trail... We guy through just fine, but there were several that got hung up pretty good.

There were around 160 Jeeps on the run. There was a LOT of waiting involved. 😂 The guy heading up the run ended up having the back 3rd of the group back out and bypass the trail due to time constraints.

I missed out.

Maybe we can get a run in out there before summer gats here
For sure. Hopefully we can get out to Cougar Buttes or something else in the area before it hits triple digits. 😳

Looks like fun.

What pressure were you running in that sand?

It was different, but a good time none the less. I was running about 12psi. That sand hill was a bit daunting since I'm not used to stuff like that, but 4LO in 2nd gear and she flew right up.

There were a few people that went before us that almost didn't make it and one guy almost flopped which didn't help my concerns. 😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Last edited:
Top Bottom