Teraflex Full Float Hubs

dillard09

Nope. I'd rather be running a ProRock or XD60 up front. Rubicat is only running the setup that she is now because we had a hand-me-down rear axle available from Moby, needed a new front axle in a hurry at the time and so I got the ProRock 44.

Gotcha as i would rather have a PR60 or XD60 up front.
Right now I can understand the cost way out weights the benefits but if the price point was lower would you consider the hubs over the spacers on the PR44. You could then eliminate the spacer and the unit bearing and have the benefits of a hub and wheel bearings. I'm running the same setup as rubicat with the PR60FF 5x5.5 rear and the PR44 with adapters up front and was just picking your brain.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Eddie...I read somewhere you were using a 44 on 40's only lasted 9outings. What blew out, pinion?

Dwkmaster

Dana 30 teraflex full float? Lol

What's people's thoughts on teraflex selling a full float conversion for the Dana 30 that costs about the same as getting a decent full float axle lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

qwasin

They sell a full float conversion for the rear 44, and a spindle/hub/lockout/8 lug conversion for the front 30/44. The rear conversion is a waste of money but the front conversion... I think if dynatrac released the exact same thing, there'd be more than a few people here running it.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
They sell a full float conversion for the rear 44, and a spindle/hub/lockout/8 lug conversion for the front 30/44. The rear conversion is a waste of money but the front conversion... I think if dynatrac released the exact same thing, there'd be more than a few people here running it.

I don't think it matters who released it. Most around here know better that to dump that kind of money into a 30. As for other forums... if they weren't selling them than they wouldn't be making them.[emoji848] I love how it even states that it allows you to run Dana 60 components on a 30 [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
I think it may be worth it for some people if dynatrac made a kit for the front. Example, I already have a PR44, lets say it is now time that I need a new rear axle and I want to go full float, order a PR60 8 lug and buy the front free spin kit that converts the front to eight lug. And then you won't have to do a 5x5.5 wheel pattern and spacers in the front and I would imagine a kit like this would be stronger than the unit bearings which would help with wheel that have very little back spacing. But then again let's say I sell the PR44 for $3k and have the $2k from not getting the kit, I'm only $2.5k from a PR60 front, which would probably be stronger all the way around and have bigger brakes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think if dynatrac released the exact same thing, there'd be more than a few people here running it.

Clearly, you're free to believe whatever it is you want to believe but there's a reason why Dynatrac would NEVER release anything that remotely resembles a useless kit like this.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

I would never do this conversion kit and never think about getting this option on my front axle. I only see more problems and more chances to break.

Can you please explain what benefits there would be?

WJCO

Meme King
Chances are if you are running 8 lugs, you're running some big ass tires. In that case, why the hell would you keep your 30 and drop 2k on the wheel ends rather than just upgrade the axle? This provides no benefit to the internals and on top of that, with bigger tires, you're likely running different gears which makes the pinion even smaller. So in summary, this is stupid and definitely not worth 2k. -Thomas Edison

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
1) Lug pattern. 2000 dollar wheel adapters.

2) More and bigger Chinese bearings over what the engineers designed.

:thumb:

Okay, help me out:

How does the lug pattern benefit me?

Isn't the bearing something easy to replace and you can sorta "see it coming" prior to a full break? What benefit is there to a larger bearing?

Top Bottom