Went to the J8 cylinder/booster what a difference...

jorgelrod

Hooked
My brake booster was starting to whistle while braking and was super annoying. After three months waiting to get a J8 kit from Mopar the shop swapped it out and did the abs bleed, what a difference. I was used to a more spongy brake so the first time I hit the brakes, I almost had gave full of windshield, lol. I know the Dynatrac pro grips do not need it but I found it to be a worthy upgrade for when I decide to go to tons.
IMG_1172.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

My brake booster was starting to whistle while braking and was super annoying. After three months waiting to get a J8 kit from Mopar the shop swapped it out and did the abs bleed, what a difference. I was used to a more spongy brake so the first time I hit the brakes, I almost had gave full of windshield, lol. I know the Dynatrac pro grips do not need it but I found it to be a worthy upgrade for when I decide to go to tons.
View attachment 357645

Is it a bolt on plug and play replacement other than the abs bleed?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I never did the ABS bleed either. Just bench bled it before install and I’ve had zero issues. Makes a world of difference

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I never did the ABS bleed either. Just bench bled it before install and I’ve had zero issues. Makes a world of difference

You can always do an ABS bleed by causing an ABS event just FYI if you even feel like it needs it. I do this on cars after doing calipers and a master if they require it.

View attachment 357645

This for the JK? Part number?

JK_0311

Doing some quick online searches for this, and sites are charging north of $300 for this part number but my local mopar parts store sells it for $215. Quite the markup.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Doing some quick online searches for this, and sites are charging north of $300 for this part number but my local mopar parts store sells it for $215. Quite the markup.

These go out of stock real quick and don't get made until 300 or more are on order so they tend to bet backordered quite a bit according to the Mopar parts rep for the local shop that I take my jeep to. My local shop had an order placed for mine since august and it was backordered until Northridge 4x4 placed an order of like 600 or something like that and then they got made.

Take the story with a grain of salt, but the backorders for it are real on almost every Mopar website out there.

Last edited:

JK_0311

Eeks. Maybe I’ll buy it if it’s in stock. I have to pick up my half door uppers from them today/tomorrow.

JK_0311

This go out of stock real quick and don't get made until 300 or more are on order so they tend to bet backordered quite a bit according to the Mopar parts rep for the local shop that I take my jeep to. My local shop had an order placed for mine since august and it was backordered until Northridge 4x4 placed an order of like 600 or something like that and then they got made.

Take the story with a grain of salt, but the backorders for it are real on almost every Mopar website out there.

Well, your scare tactic worked. I bought it. The site didn’t say if it was in stock or back ordered. This upgrade was going to happen with axle/brake upgrades anyways, so might as well get it now.

JK_0311

Well I just canceled the order. I received an email stating the part doesn’t match the vin I gave them. Which is weird because the website said it’s a match and the acceptable vehicles listed below list a 2014 JKUS, which is what I have. The parts guy said it’s a 3rd party website and they do their own verification. And this is the part number everyone else is selling on their websites.

The only thing that makes me nervous is it is no returns if I attempt an install and who knows when I will get to it, hate to damage it in the garage and can’t return. I will just wait until I start the whole axle project I guess. I’m in no rush, just wanted to save $$. Below is a link to the website/part.

https://www.azwholesalemopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-performance-brakes-p5160050

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
So quick question will this work with a stock rubicon and if so what benefits will you gain

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So quick question will this work with a stock rubicon and if so what benefits will you gain

The bigger booster paired with the master will provide more fluid pressure with less pedal travel to help braking.

Just the booster alone will not make to much of a difference over stock.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
The bigger booster paired with the master will provide more fluid pressure with less pedal travel to help braking.

Ok thanks but this comes with both right?

Edwrds

Caught the Bug

Thanks for the info. This booster comes with both? Or am I misunderstanding master?
Sorry just trying to make sure I’m getting this correct.

Top Bottom