Back Up Camera (PAC BCI-CH21 w/ Raxiom)

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
At work when trouble shooting circuits our standard practice is to normalize the circuit. In other words install in the manner in which it was designed to be installed. IF you get it working properly then I would go ahead and try different options but I would want to see it work as designed first.

Mizippi

I have a 2007, and have two questions:

1) is there a way for me to turn video on without it being in reverse (OP had a newer jeep)

2) I would like a front camera more than a rear camera (you know for the rocks)

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)

Rubicon310

View attachment 283216

So here’s a question. If I wire the power and ground into this switch, because this get activated when I hit it. Will that do the job or do you think I’ll still have the same issue where the camera won’t turn off?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you are using the kit as I had originally posted on, the module box will activate your camera when the jeep is put into reverse and will also give you the option to do a “manual by pass” when you’re not in reverse and want to view the camera.

VMSHack

I’ve been looking for a backup camera for my 2013, factory radio crapped out so I have an aftermarket in there now. My issue is, all of the ones I have seen look like crap at night. Any pics of what that one looks like at night or anyone one have recommendations on a camera with great night time quality? I am curious if the factory JL camera will bolt onto a jk in the future.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I’ve been looking for a backup camera for my 2013, factory radio crapped out so I have an aftermarket in there now. My issue is, all of the ones I have seen look like crap at night. Any pics of what that one looks like at night or anyone one have recommendations on a camera with great night time quality? I am curious if the factory JL camera will bolt onto a jk in the future.

I run a $20 amazon camera (esky or something) with my aftermarket radio, no complaints, not bad at night.

Rubicon310

I will post some pictures of what it looks like at night. The main thing with any camera is back up lights. Your rear tail lights will illuminate the view for the camera.

dba10ajk

I have a 2007, and have two questions:

1) is there a way for me to turn video on without it being in reverse (OP had a newer jeep)

2) I would like a front camera more than a rear camera (you know for the rocks)

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)
Add on to Mizippi's second question..
For those who have gotten the rear camera working while driving couldn't you put a second front facing camera in & use a video selector to switch cameras?..

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rubicon310

Add on to Mizippi's second question..
For those who have gotten the rear camera working while driving couldn't you put a second front facing camera in & use a video selector to switch cameras?..

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, you could use a selector between the front camera and rear camera once you activate the module to allow the screen to receive the camera images while driving.

KirstTD

Harness with LED Light & Toggle Switch. What is the function of the Toggle Switch?

Rubicon310,
I want to Thank You for this Post! My Harness came with a LED Light and a Toggle Switch. Do you have any idea what is the function of the Toggle Switch?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Rubicon310,
I want to Thank You for this Post! My Harness came with a LED Light and a Toggle Switch. Do you have any idea what is the function of the Toggle Switch?

Its what he just said - the toggle switch is so you can switch cameras when its on the screen most likely. I have a similar setup, not the same though.

Top Bottom