Whiskey of the Day

jesse3638

Hooked
Hmm... my pop is highly allergic to Wheat & Gluten... cant’t drink beer or whiskey... Whiskey has a very low gluten content because of the distill process. But can still cause an issue if one is extremely sensitive. I’ve contacted 3 distilleries hoping to find a 100% gluten free whiskey for him, but no luck. Since beginning my whiskey journey, I’ve had very little beer because like you, it makes me a little sluggish. I can drink a good amount of Whiskey with no hangover, no bloating, and no headaches. I actually feel better overall, having some Whiskey everyday.
Several years ago Mythbusters did an episode on hangovers from beer vs. Whiskey. Whiskey had a much lighter hangover compared to beer. I don't remember the exact reason but I think it had something to do with the sugars.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

I think I'm going to crack open The MACALLAN this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20190113_132848.jpg
    20190113_132848.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 87

JAGS

Hooked
When the mother in law brings you lemons from her tree, you may whiskey sours of course. Out of makers now.

IMG_6317.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Taste off of Buffalo Trace’s mash bill #2 tonight. Really can’t go wrong with any of these.
Cheers!

There is a few I want to try from Buffalo Trace since I really like the Eagle Rare... EH Taylor and Blantons are on my list... as well as their standard buffalo and Stagg.

So I was at a bar last night and was talking whiskey with a buddy.... I told him about the bottle you gave me... he says, “you know thats a $250 hard to find bottle right?”.... No, I did’t realize that!!!

Dude! I’m saving some of it for the next time we hang out!! Thanks again bro!

Looking forward to hanging again[emoji106]

Eagle Rare is such a solid pour.
IMG_0453.JPG .

I dig Buffalo Trace products....
IMG_0452.JPG .
Image1548011757.893777.jpg .

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
The wife hooked me up for my Bday... 2 bottles of my current Favorite, (one for the house & garage) some Salty Nuts and Bacon Chocolate.

IMG_0180.jpg

thedrunkencrane

Wasn’t planning on it tonight but just caught up on 63 pages worth of some
great whiskey being shared, so you all inspired me.

Collingwood - Yes, it looks like a giant cologne bottle but this whiskey quickly became one of my favorites while I was working up in Vancouver BC a few years back that I had to bring a few bottles back with me. I haven’t seen it a lot in the states but did once at Total Wine. It makes a killer old fashioned... just not tonight.

IMG_3705.jpg IMG_3709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom