WTF - 368 HP 2.0L Turbo I4 JL Wrangler??

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Great discussion guys and really, it's exactly what I was hoping for. Please keep it coming :thumb:

My initial 2¢ is that this engine should have come in the all new Compass or even the Renegade as that's really where it could have been fun.

Spot on about the Renny & Compasss, but I’d still like to test drive a Wrangler with it. Doubt I’d buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tanktitan

With the lag time between concept and deployment I wonder if MB had a hand in this engine? The spec sheet spoke of a mild hybrid and they use that a lot. Don't think I would want that on a jeep unless it could be permanently disabled.

Darthfeeble

I think that the HP quoted will be up in the stratosphere for RPM, torque at low RPM is what I feel the Wrangler needs. I notice that the diesel wasn't listed for the Wrangler, that would seem to me to be the ideal motor.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Oh dude. Totally agree.
Jeep really stepped it up with the new Compass. The plasticky junk compasses from years past make me cringe. To the point they should have totally renamed this newer version so it has no association with its predecessor.

I agree. The price point is perfect for a camping rig, something the grand Cherokee does not have. Not too much smaller and is perfect for two people I think.

Rocksalt

In order for a 2.0 to produce those numbers either it has to be boosted to 20lbs or it needs to be spinning 12k rpms... either way it's not going to be something you want to do on a daily basis, let alone every time you accelerate from a light. Plus trying to wheel delicately while also keeping the turbo spooled up will be a challenge. It sounds really gimmicky to me, but I hope they pull it off though!

this.. I would worry about the lifespan of a 300 plus HP 4 banger

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I think its a good option to have, but I would hate to go back to a 4 cylinder. :grayno:

Truthfully just like the 4 banger in the old YJ, jeep will probably sell a lot of those to the Mall Crawler crowd who will never let their Wrangler see any dirt..

I guess you would then really need to concern yourself with how well it performs when shopping cart crossing....

Top Bottom