5.7 Hemi Conversion

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Maybe I missed it, but did you use a kit for the motor mounts, wiring, and computer mating? Or making it all yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A.J.

Maybe I missed it, but did you use a kit for the motor mounts, wiring, and computer mating? Or making it all yourself?

I bought it used. Came out of an 08 JK with less than 30k on the Jeep and only about 10k on the swap from a friend locally. Wiring was all there. I bought the bolt in motor mounts and new transmission mounts. Exhaust, new radiator and pentastar fan. Had the computer that came with it re programmed with my vin all from Jeep Speed Shop. Trans/power steering coolers from Summit. All together I am well under 10k including fluids and a couple new tools I told my wife I “needed”. It was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I bought it used. Came out of an 08 JK with less than 30k on the Jeep and only about 10k on the swap from a friend locally. Wiring was all there. I bought the bolt in motor mounts and new transmission mounts. Exhaust, new radiator and pentastar fan. Had the computer that came with it re programmed with my vin all from Jeep Speed Shop. Trans/power steering coolers from Summit. All together I am well under 10k including fluids and a couple new tools I told my wife I “needed”. It was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

I wouldn’t have passed that up either! Congrats on that

A.J.

Slow progress the last few days. Radiator, fan and hoses kicked my ass for a minute but I got it sorted out. Should be able to fire it up tomorrow and maybe a little test drive. 🤞

jdofmemi

Slow progress the last few days. Radiator, fan and hoses kicked my ass for a minute but I got it sorted out. Should be able to fire it up tomorrow and maybe a little test drive. 🤞

Sounds exciting.

I'm sure it's tight getting all that stuff hooked up with a third bigger engine stuffed in there.

A.J.

Sounds exciting.

I'm sure it's tight getting all that stuff hooked up with a third bigger engine stuffed in there.

Tight fit no doubt. Biggest problem was trying to make the lower radiator hose that was still on the engine work. I spent half a day trying to get it to clear the alternator and fan. Destroyed it in the process which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Napa had the correct hose in stock and it went on no problem. No trimming no nothing. Just went right into place. Should fire up today. Couple connections, battery and coolant tank. High hopes today!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

A.J.

Are you going to video the fire up moment? I’m sure we’d love to share in the excitement.

Yeah. About that. Soooo it fired right up and sounded great!!! For about 3 seconds and shut off. 3 or 4 times and then no crank. Checked codes and got P0513 invalid skim key code (immobilizer) Wife is bringing out the other key. Hoping maybe it is the original and might work. Otherwise I will have to trailer or tow it to the dealer and have the keys programmed.

IMG_3768.jpg
IMG_3768.jpg
As it sits waiting and hoping. So close! Damn chipped keys! 🤬

Ddays

Hooked
Damn! Pretty cool that it's done except for the stupid damn key. I'd still looking at the motor wondering what in the hell I had got myself into. Cant wait to hear it run.

Top Bottom