NEW Jeep JL Wrangler SPY SHOTS - Removable Hard Top Panels & Side Steps

wjtstudios

Hooked
IMG_7381.jpg IMG_7382.jpg IMG_7383.jpg
Here are a couple more pictures that I see of the JL test jeeps running around town. I have seen these multiple times. They all appear to have the same hard tops as the JKs. Again, is this another JK Test Mule for the JL or have they moved away from the fixed top with removable panels.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple more pictures that I see of the JL test jeeps running around town. I have seen these multiple times. They all appear to have the same hard tops as the JKs. Again, is this another JK Test Mule for the JL or have they moved away from the fixed top with removable panels.

Man, it's hard not to think this is just a test mule. Thanks for taking these pics and posting them up :thumb:

scarface24

Anybody ever wonder why they cover the vehicles with all that fabric? We know what it is. It's not like some stickers and a grille bra is going to throw people off.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I am definitely not excited about a top with more seams, just more places for potential leaks. Regardless, as soon as the diesel order banks open, I'm picking one up. I really hope they bring back crush or header orange. Eddie, will you be picking up a JL?

JAGS

Hooked
I am definitely not excited about a top with more seams, just more places for potential leaks. Regardless, as soon as the diesel order banks open, I'm picking one up. I really hope they bring back crush or header orange. Eddie, will you be picking up a JL?

It's gonna be a bit for the diesel most likely. When I was at the dealer, I got to talking to some folks while looking at the compass. They said FCA was having the same issues with its diesels as VW.

Miller Time

It's gonna be a bit for the diesel most likely. When I was at the dealer, I got to talking to some folks while looking at the compass. They said FCA was having the same issues with its diesels as VW.

I wish Jeep would just use the Cummings 3.8l ISF. It isn't having any problems with the EPA.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Well if you see anything more, PLEASE post it up :thumb:

Indeed. In 2012, I worked at FCA in Auburn Hills. My office was in MOPAR, directly over the service area for vehicles being sent home with employees. Lots of JKs in my area, sometimes in yet-to-be-seen colors.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Yet Another JL Cloke-of-Stealth

Stealth JL.jpg
Driving north on I-75 around 9a, yesterday, heading to Rocks & Valleys.

I have to hand it to FCA. Normally when we're this close to a release, there've been photos already, and pre-production units are seen in the region without covers. We're just ~3 months from public availability and they're still keeping it under wraps. I remember stumbling across a dozen Camaros in Stockbridge, years ago (current gen), about 6 months before release. It was a big photo opp event for the journalists. Was cool. Not so with JL.

aTX427

I'm interested in the diesel version as a daily, but it will be a while for the aftermarket to catch up. The JK took 5-6 years before it could contend with a TJ for less than half the price. I am sure it will grow on me like most new cars do, but I suspect the electronics will be the most limiting factor in building one out of the gate.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm interested in the diesel version as a daily, but it will be a while for the aftermarket to catch up. The JK took 5-6 years before it could contend with a TJ for less than half the price. I am sure it will grow on me like most new cars do, but I suspect the electronics will be the most limiting factor in building one out of the gate.

Lol not that won't be the case. The TJ to JK was totally different. This will be a lateral move. And your crazy if you think it took the JK 5-6 years to compete with a TJ.

Top Bottom