GraniteCrystal build thread

BobNH

New battery works awesome. Cranks better than ever.

View attachment 271538

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app
Apologies for off task question, but if I may ask, how is the treadwear on those Pro's? In miles, not years? I do a lot more highway these days than ever, but I have gotten feedback on the maxx wearing a lot faster than expected, like less than 30k, which would be barely over one year for me.
Cool the battery is good though, that is a future for mine no doubt, mine looks oe, only had ithe Jeep since last August though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GraniteCrystal

Apologies for off task question, but if I may ask, how is the treadwear on those Pro's? In miles, not years? I do a lot more highway these days than ever, but I have gotten feedback on the maxx wearing a lot faster than expected, like less than 30k, which would be barely over one year for me.
Cool the battery is good though, that is a future for mine no doubt, mine looks oe, only had ithe Jeep since last August though.

I bought them in February with around 500 miles on them from Discount Tire (someone changed their mind and returned them). Jeep had 46,000 miles at the time. It's now at 52,000 and I just measured in the driveway. All are around 19.5-20/32". So about 2/32" wear over 6,000 miles. So I'll probably get around 36,000 miles of wear out of them if I replace at 10/32“.

Does that sound right to others?
Glad to hear the battery is working.
Thanks! And thanks a bunch for talking thru it over the phone. Super weird to go out at the same time but definitely appears to have been the issue. It cranks much better now, so maybe the stock battery was worse than I realized even before the compressor and I just didn't know better.

BobNH

I bought them in February with around 500 miles on them from Discount Tire (someone changed their mind and returned them). Jeep had 46,000 miles at the time. It's now at 52,000 and I just measured in the driveway. All are around 19.5-20/32". So about 2/32" wear over 6,000 miles. So I'll probably get around 36,000 miles of wear out of them if I replace at 10/32“.

Does that sound right to others?

Thanks, I appreciate the information!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Wow, looks like you've been busy.

Like everyone else said, you'll love that ARB compressor. I use mine all the time.

GraniteCrystal

Just got a new pour spout and cap from Rotopax. I showed them my leaking issues and they sent this right over. Awesome customer service.

It's a new design (at least to me) that locks. Need to figure out what that's about. I like that it's angled though so I don't have to hold the can so high up in the air.

IMG_20170821_211835.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Increased the holes in my DIY vented inn fenders to try and keep temps lower going up hills

View attachment 273296

View attachment 273297

Just got a new pour spout and cap from Rotopax. I showed them my leaking issues and they sent this right over. Awesome customer service.

It's a new design (at least to me) that locks. Need to figure out what that's about. I like that it's angled though so I don't have to hold the can so high up in the air.

View attachment 273564

Hope both issues work out for you.

aTX427

Did't they offer an off-road version of the spout at one time or maybe it was the Kerosene version? I spill more with those EPA certified nozzles way more than I did with the old school ones.

WJCO

Meme King
Looks good. Do you have any concerns with water dripping onto the alternator or other electronic stuff under the hood? I've been wanting to do some vents but wondering about water getting in there.

GraniteCrystal

Looks good. Do you have any concerns with water dripping onto the alternator or other electronic stuff under the hood? I've been wanting to do some vents but wondering about water getting in there.
Thousands of people running the PS Hood louver without problems so I don't have any concerns 👍 it's made to have the hood cut, I'm not just making it up as I go

Top Bottom