I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Clutch

Caught the Bug
We all thought you had gotten thrown in jail but couldn't talk about it in an open forum. (This will all make sense once you get caught up!)

Glad to see you back on wayalife.

USMC Wrangler

Welcome back. Life is busy indeed.

Thanks bud!

Welcome back. I hope all is well. I noticed that you were sport shifting....[emoji54]

Yep, good catch!

We all thought you had gotten thrown in jail but couldn't talk about it in an open forum. (This will all make sense once you get caught up!)

Glad to see you back on wayalife.

Ha ha! No, wasn't in jail. Getting caught up has been interesting.

USMC Wrangler

Well, no parts for Spider this Christmas. But, I did get a 1/2" drive 24v Kobalt Impact and a nice rolling Craftsman mechanics seat. Rotating tires myself finally became easier.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

USMC Wrangler

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Nice man. Now you need a cherry picker to help lift those tires. I said that as kind of a joke, but sounds like a neat idea. Now I want one [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's not so bad. I put my 12 year old son to work and only jack it up high enough to swap the tires around. It saves me the hour roundtrip to Discount Tire and the wait time.

USMC Wrangler

A couple more updates...

I installed four of the low profile/needle style zerks on my front LCA's. I also drilled a 1/4" hole in the axle mount.

IMG_4819.jpg

Inspired by Eddie's write up....

HOW to GET to the NIPPLES - Front Lower Control Arm Greasing Solution

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=50427

My 10 year old daughter got a couple gift cards for Christmas. She decided she needed an RC rock crawler. For $45 this thing is actually 4x4 and is quite fun. Another Jeeper in the making for sure!

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4816.jpg

Clowe

A couple more updates...

I installed four of the low profile/needle style zerks on my front LCA's. I also drilled a 1/4" hole in the axle mount.

View attachment 289250

Inspired by Eddie's write up....

HOW to GET to the NIPPLES - Front Lower Control Arm Greasing Solution

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=50427

My 10 year old daughter got a couple gift cards for Christmas. She decided she needed an RC rock crawler. For $45 this thing is actually 4x4 and is quite fun. Another Jeeper in the making for sure!

View attachment 289251

View attachment 289252
Love it man. My boys love taking toy dirt bikes to play with on the trail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Well, I still have no idea why the cabin filters seemed to work. I can say with certainty that whatever it was is not correcting the issue anymore.

It is now different than before, but still not right. Now on one click cooler than the hottest setting I get the expected result on the passenger side but cold air on the drivers side. I've seen so many varying fixes to this, I plan to start small (drivers side actuator). I'm no longer under warranty, so I'll do my best to troubleshoot and report back on what I find.

I haven't really had any issues with this in awhile, until tonight.

I was driving home tonight with the vent on, in the coldest setting and no AC. It was just a touch warm in Tucson as I left, so the AC wasn't needed. I stopped at a gas station and shut off the engine. When I started it back up, still on cold, I got really hot air. I turned the AC on, but it was still hot. I cycled the temp setting from cold, to hot and back to cold. After that it stayed cold. As I got closer to home the outside temp drastically cooled off, (2000 ft higher elevation). I put the dial in the middle setting and it was still cold. The only way I made heat was on the hottest setting, which was too hot. Kinda like what it was doing before, but again different. I had even temps on both sides.

I'm guessing it's one of the various actuators, or worse, the controls??? Any suggestions where to start diagnosing further?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I haven't really had any issues with this in awhile, until tonight.

I was driving home tonight with the vent on, in the coldest setting and no AC. It was just a touch warm in Tucson as I left, so the AC wasn't needed. I stopped at a gas station and shut off the engine. When I started it back up, still on cold, I got really hot air. I turned the AC on, but it was still hot. I cycled the temp setting from cold, to hot and back to cold. After that it stayed cold. As I got closer to home the outside temp drastically cooled off, (2000 ft higher elevation). I put the dial in the middle setting and it was still cold. The only way I made heat was on the hottest setting, which was too hot. Kinda like what it was doing before, but again different. I had even temps on both sides.

I'm guessing it's one of the various actuators, or worse, the controls??? Any suggestions where to start diagnosing further?

Maybe keep an eye on this thread:

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1011149

Sounds like you have similar issues.

USMC Wrangler

I see you’re back, did you ever make those rock sliders?

I’ve been lurking from time to time. There have been a lot of big developments over the past several months. I have not gotten to finish them due to that stuff. I have those to finish and steel on hand to make a tire carrier. I actually want to get my rear gears done and the donor D30 with 4.56 swapped in before that other stuff. I haven’t lost interest in Spider or WAL. Life’s just busy right now.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’ve been lurking from time to time. There have been a lot of big developments over the past several months. I have not gotten to finish them due to that stuff. I have those to finish and steel on hand to make a tire carrier. I actually want to get my rear gears done and the donor D30 with 4.56 swapped in before that other stuff. I haven’t lost interest in Spider or WAL. Life’s just busy right now.

I was working on my own design the other day and remembered that you were doing the same some time ago. Good to hear that you’re still poking around here and there; life will do that to ya from time to time. Here’s to finding more Jeep time [emoji482].

USMC Wrangler

I was working on my own design the other day and remembered that you were doing the same some time ago. Good to hear that you’re still poking around here and there; life will do that to ya from time to time. Here’s to finding more Jeep time [emoji482].

Good luck! So true and thanks!

Top Bottom