REVERE THE STEER - Rubicat Going Wide with 72.5" Dynatrac XD60 / PRO 1550 Front Axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just pulled the trigger on the XD60/80 in 72.5 width. Running dtd and 40's.
For those of you who run the same width with 5.5 Backspace wheels, do you have any issues with the locking hub position being so far out?
I love the scrub radius and the way the knuckles and BJ's are tucked in the wheel but wouldn't like to risk breaking the locking hub on a rock.

I never had any problems. Sure, I've hit it before but aside from some scratches, they held up fine. If you can actually break it (hard for me to believe), I'd be willing to bet Dynatrac would cover you.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I never had any problems. Sure, I've hit it before but aside from some scratches, they held up fine. If you can actually break it (hard for me to believe), I'd be willing to bet Dynatrac would cover you.
I'd tend to agree. But being back east where muddy slick mess slamming into rocks is the norm I went with 4.75 bs. Still mostly covers BJs and knuckles but keeps hubs flush with wheels.

received_10156468441254539.jpg

The downside is it's definitely wide and trees gonna be fun lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

preeb

Thanks for both replies.
Does the Elite xd60/80 come with the shorter stub-hubs at all 4 corners as standard or is this an optional upgrade?

Just pulled the trigger on the XD60/80 in 72.5 width. Running dtd and 40's.
For those of you who run the same width with 5.5 Backspace wheels, do you have any issues with the locking hub position being so far out?
I love the scrub radius and the way the knuckles and BJ's are tucked in the wheel but wouldn't like to risk breaking the locking hub on a rock.

One think to keep in mind is that the Dynatrac Elite Axle Set you purchased comes with our DynaLoc hubs and StubHub. This keeps the hubs tucked in further than any other hub system.

Top Bottom