VIDEO : Building of a Dynatrac ProRock 80 Full-Float Rear Axle

BlackKnight

Definitely an awesome product, made in the USA. Now just to win Megabucks so I can get one.. (along with the reason to have it on my Jeep, ie., a Hemi/LS V8 upgrade)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you all liked the video! To be clear, ALL Dynatrac axles are made with this level of care, quality and attention to detail. In other words, for those of you who don't need the strength of a ProRock 80, you can rest assured that you will have peace of mind with a ProRock 60 or ProRock 44 as well. :yup:

Great video I've always enjoyed watching how things are made.

I definitely see how labor intensive and specialized the building of Dynatrac axles truly are. Btw who was that dude at the beginning of the intro with that sweet ass Wayalife work shirt? ;)

LOL!! Okay, okay - we'll get some shirt available for preorder after we get back from our summertime fun :D

:rock: Great product, :wings: Great Video!:thumb::thumb: They make it look so easy:cheesy:

No kidding! What you don't see in this video is how these guys can practically eyeball, hear and feel their way though the whole process. Of course, they always double check their work with precision measuring tools but pretty much nailed it even without them.

Your Jeep / Off Road Monster will be something to see in action

No Pressure

And I can't wait for the next Video

Thanks

Believe me, we'd love to do nothing more than to get more Moby videos going especially after being without him for a year and the more I think about it, 2 summers of wheeling. :grayno:

Wow! The inside looks just like I thought it would, only BIGGER! :D

No joke, the internal components are crazy big. We got to see it setup next to a 60 and a 44 and the difference is amazing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great production video. Always learn a lot from your vids! I don't think I'll need a PR80 anytime soon, but it's cool to how Dynatrac makes one.

Again, you don't need a ProRock 80 to know that a ProRock 60 or ProRock 44 is made much in the same way. :yup:

Wow. That really is amazing. Seeing that video really explains the price tag.

Seeing the video gives the purchase price a little bit of JUSTICE. There is definitely things that most of us don't have in our garage or shop to make this unit.

Great video! Really shows the craftsmanship that goes into the axle and why it costs so much. That ring gear clearance is super tight!

In my opinion, you really do get what you pay for - a hand crafted precision axle made right here in the USA and by American experts who specialize in ONLY making axles.

Saw the video and want one! Thank you to everyone who shot the video and made or designed it!

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! All the filming and editing was done by Cindy :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! Definitely not mass produced.:thumb::thumb:

:cheesy: Far from.

Very nice - the only drawback to the video for me is the hit my wallet may take in the near future as a result. ;)

It is exciting to see the quality work in putting those together.

thx

The quality of work really is what I love the most. From the gorgeous welds to the precision machining of components to the attention of detail during installation, you just can't get this kind of craftsmanship from an overseas laborer that know nothing about off roading.

As a builder and fabricator I have to ask why the brackets were not fully welded? welding them after the installation will cause the tubes to warp slightly. Are the axle tubes going to be fully supported by a fixture for final welding? Having built a lot of rears from scratch for drag racing I've learned to install the housing ends on after all the brackets are fully welded to insure the ends are on perfectly square. Just wondering if your rear will be sent back to them for final welding after you make sure all the brackets work for your set up.

We asked that they not get fully welded on because we knew they would all get hacked off during the installation of it to our existing EVO Lever.

BlackKnight

No joke, the internal components are crazy big. We got to see it setup next to a 60 and a 44 and the difference is amazing.

A little while back, I think it was JP magazine that did an article on the PR80. It showed side by side comparisons between the Pinions, Ring gears, etc for the PR44, PR60 and PR80. It was scary Huge compared to the 44 and even still big compared to the 60..

EDIT >> Here is the link to the Article (online version) that shows the comparisons...

Edit 2 >> Apparently they also have a PR80 for a Front axle (Actually scratch that, re-read it it's just a Pro 80 available, it just came up under the search for PR80)

Last edited:

MICP3309

AWESOME AWESOME video!!

Eddie, thanks for making this one, :thumb: I can say I learned A TON about the internals, and overall drive-train just from watching this one!! Thanks again for all that you do here... (and for taking orders on the workshirts!! ;) )

One final note.. for say 37s and a future 6.4 or 6.2 motor. PR60, or PR80?

BlackKnight

AWESOME AWESOME video!!

Eddie, thanks for making this one, :thumb: I can say I learned A TON about the internals, and overall drive-train just from watching this one!! Thanks again for all that you do here... (and for taking orders on the workshirts!! ;) )

One final note.. for say 37s and a future 6.4 or 6.2 motor. PR60, or PR80?

Unlimited or 2 Door?

Unlimited w/Armor Bumpers etc I'd go 80, 2 door or more like stock maybe the 60 (no armor, no big steel bumper).

Hell just go whole hog and get the 80...

MICP3309

Unlimited or 2 Door?

Unlimited w/Armor Bumpers etc I'd go 80, 2 door or more like stock maybe the 60 (no armor, no big steel bumper).

Hell just go whole hog and get the 80...

Yeah, I could see that info being important! :yup:

Unlimited Rubi, Rock Sliders, Steel full width bumpers, adding cage, some skids...ect.. so a good amount of weight!

I can do the PR80.. If I have to i can sell the Jeep, get the 80, then build off that :cheesy::cheesy::clap2:

bo9roadking

Great video. One question. I've noticed that switching from the PR60 to the PR80, my driveshaft is taking more of a beating. I know it is because I'm running a low pinion now instead of a high pinion, but do you recommend a pinion guard?

Swindle

What a creature is man that we make such amazing things. It's beautiful. I felt like I was watching "How It's Made"--I'm totally mesmerized by the entire process.

My newb question to you all: The air tube for the lockers, could you have it built so your lockers are electric instead? Or do electric lockers connect to the same hole? Would the 80 need to be made for electric vs. air?

Thanks in advance, and great video again, Eddie.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What a creature is man that we make such amazing things. It's beautiful. I felt like I was watching "How It's Made"--I'm totally mesmerized by the entire process.

My newb question to you all: The air tube for the lockers, could you have it built so your lockers are electric instead? Or do electric lockers connect to the same hole? Would the 80 need to be made for electric vs. air?

Thanks in advance, and great video again, Eddie.

You still need a hole for the wires to come out of with an electrical locker.

BlackKnight

You still need a hole for the wires to come out of with an electrical locker.

That's what I was going to say. Everything I've read basically points to the AirLocker and eLocker being the same basic design in principle. except the Air uses air pressure to actuate a lock, and the eLocker uses an electromagnet to do the same. and Both would need access from the outside to the internals.

JAGS

Hooked
Again, you don't need a ProRock 80 to know that a ProRock 60 or ProRock 44 is made much in the same way. :yup:

I was thinking along these lines. Now that my set up allows me to wheel with you and other friends more often, I better start saving for the 44/60. 😉

- Jason

Robin.CT

Only 1 issue with Dynatrac axles, is it costs us just over double to land them here in South Africa....

Robin.CT

That certainly is an issue, because you are truly missing out on a great piece of equipment for your Jeep.

Tell me about it.. And the only way for me to upgrade more bits is with stronger axles.. Guess my savings will just be knocked.. To buy and land a pro rock 80 rear and pro rock 60 front RHD in SA will cost just under half of what a brand new Rubi costs here...
Here is where my Road Cone is now...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402063108.705973.jpg

Top Bottom