Buying a used jeep

JKbrick

Is it true that 2011 is a bad year to buy since it has the old drivetrain with the new interior? I don’t want to buy my daughter something I’ll have to work on all the time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

I have some electrical gremlins with mine. Weird shit like the clock runs slow and the outside temperature gauge spontaneously changing from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
Other things I’m not sure the cause of but may be sensor or maintenance related. Nothing that’s left me stranded just wtf was that kind of reaction.
Otherwise solid Jeep.

RCVRY

I was just thinking some of my gremlins could be due to no doors or windows May through September, but I figured what the hell. It’s a Jeep, if it can’t take it I’ll make it so it can. I never kept the doors on my YJ. Used to clean the interior with a fuckin water hose.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Is it true that 2011 is a bad year to buy since it has the old drivetrain with the new interior? I don’t want to buy my daughter something I’ll have to work on all the time

Jim, my brothers-in-laws Jeep, is an 11’ and has been holding up well. He’s at 115k with no major drivetrain issues. Like every used vehicle, it all depends on the previous owner.

I’m shopping for a 12+ for my dad right now to tow behind his camper. I am trying to keep him in a 3.6 if I can and also have a bunch of take offs from mine that I can add into his.

JKbrick

Jim, my brothers-in-laws Jeep, is an 11’ and has been holding up well. He’s at 115k with no major drivetrain issues. Like every used vehicle, it all depends on the previous owner.

I’m shopping for a 12+ for my dad right now to tow behind his camper. I am trying to keep him in a 3.6 if I can and also have a bunch of take offs from mine that I can add into his.

Nice! I’m trying to get my dad to trade his Chevy on a JT
We found an 11 JKU with 90k in her price range

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Haha I’m at 50k and never really run with doors off but still have some annoying electrical stuff .. language on dash changes for no reason and has to be reset . 🧐🤨

catahoula

Caught the Bug
My 2011 that I am selling i have been very happy with. I had the transmission rebuilt and have turned over 155,000 on it. No Gremlins!

Top Bottom