Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

cml612571

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier yet? I was thinking about ordering the Shorty and wanted to see if there were any reviews out there.

http://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep...e-carriers/2007-2016-jk-destroyer-shorty.html

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app
I have a LoD rear tire carrier on my CJ5 and I love it, now with all models I recommend you pick up the frame tie ins by LoD, or if you have the time and resources you can do a little fab work on your own. 20171119_165621.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

badandy1

It is dark when I get off work but I plan to take a bunch of pictures with it and will post them for sure!

Yup it was worth the money to me to have them do it. Shipped without issues. They package really well over at LoD.

Yes they do package very well! I just received mine and was pleasantly surprised to find everything in plastic bags and then filled with that spray expandable foam. The same stuff you fill window gaps in the walls with! Very impressed!

livin

read through every page in this thread & just placed my order!

001 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar [black powder coat]
002 +LoD Destroyer Front Skid Plate [black powder coat]
003 +LoD Destroyer Front License Plate Mount [black powder coat]
004 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier [black powder coat]
005 +LoD Destroyer Rear Skid Plate [black powder coat]

stoked to finally have these in the queue, will report back.

Last edited:
read through every page in this thread & just placed my order!

001 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar [black powder coat]
002 +LoD Destroyer Front Skid Plate [black powder coat]
003 +LoD Destroyer Front License Plate Mount [black powder coat]
004 +LoD Destroyer Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier [black powder coat]
005 +LoD Destroyer Rear Skid Plate [black powder coat]

stoked to finally have these in the queue, will report back.

We are definitely excited to see the finished product! Hope all goes well, give us a call if you have any questions on the install.

red84cj7

Installed mine this past weekend. By myself, it was a long, tedious process but some of that was wiring up the Rigid Flush Mount floods and fishing the wires through the driver's side frame rail, etc. In the end, it was well worth it. Got it dialed in with no rattles.

For those that don't know, and I didn't even after I first received mine, they have changed how the light bezels mount so they do not mount from the back side of the bumper anymore. Also, they have added a swing stop! I seriously thought about passing on this because of the lack of a stop but went ahead anyway and was very happily surprised to find it now has one. They updated their video with these new features. I will most likely buy the stubby front in the not too distant future.

And in case you haven't heard, the packaging is ridiculous. That foam is pure craziness!

Spazbyt

Hooked
Installed mine this past weekend. By myself, it was a long, tedious process but some of that was wiring up the Rigid Flush Mount floods and fishing the wires through the driver's side frame rail, etc. In the end, it was well worth it. Got it dialed in with no rattles.

For those that don't know, and I didn't even after I first received mine, they have changed how the light bezels mount so they do not mount from the back side of the bumper anymore. Also, they have added a swing stop! I seriously thought about passing on this because of the lack of a stop but went ahead anyway and was very happily surprised to find it now has one. They updated their video with these new features. I will most likely buy the stubby front in the not too distant future.

And in case you haven't heard, the packaging is ridiculous. That foam is pure craziness!

Those are some solid improvements. It a shame I must have just missed the updated version by a few month. Updates or not its a very well built bumper.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
My only complaint is that when you drag the bumper on something or come down on it the bumper moves. I’ve checked everything many of times and re-tighten everting and it still moves.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom