Jeep JK Purchase Help.

Matt-tastic

Sorry to hear that man. Keep looking though. The issue is that a lot of people can't afford the JL Rubicon so they are buying up gently used JKs. Once used JLs start to be more common I have the feeling the old model price will go down. I was curious so I stopped by my local dealer yesterday and they had one used 2016 JKUR for $35,500. It had 25k miles and had every option besides the hard rock package. That is probably they type of price you will find at most dealers.

Ya, the new body style is not doing to the JK's what I thought it would. I picked up an R1200GSA (kinda like a JKUR in the two wheel world) the year after the water cooled one came out and got a smokin' deal on a 2012. I was thinking that the same thing would happen with the JK's. So far, in my experience, it has not. Honestly, I'm not sure why not either, I saw a 20' JLUR for sale at a local dealership new for $43k. It had leather but was missing the high end stereo package. Thought to myself why in the world are the 4 -5 y/o ones still bringing 30-35? I can't figure it out. I'll end up with one eventually, but like I said in the first post, this is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be to find a deal on one.

bmkrinne

You may be able to find a better deal on one this winter, as the warmer months seem to bring primo prices.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yup :)

I seen some Jeeps at Carmax and only one caught my eye, rest were priced a bit high.
Ha! Another one. Was looking at picking this one up if they could make it to 31k otd, I didn't think that 1k off asking was too big of an ask. By the time they tacked on all their b.s. fees they wanted $34049 (2k more than advertised on the CPO website).

https://www.jeep.com/hostc/cpov/veh...Star=null&modelDescription=Wrangler+Unlimited

I now know why dealerships like Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax are staying in business...lol...

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Ha! Another one. Was looking at picking this one up if they could make it to 31k otd, I didn't think that 1k off asking was too big of an ask. By the time they tacked on all their b.s. fees they wanted $34049 (2k more than advertised on the CPO website).

https://www.jeep.com/hostc/cpov/veh...Star=null&modelDescription=Wrangler+Unlimited

I now know why dealerships like Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax are staying in business...lol...

I dealt with this same bullshit trying to replace my daughters Jeep. They are all fucking crooks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

I dealt with this same bullshit trying to replace my daughters Jeep. They are all fucking crooks

Former salesman here. The fees a lot of times are the only money makers a dealer has, and, at least here in Georgia, some of those fees go to the state, we don’t even get to keep them.

Most of the time the online listed price is the lowest they can go while still making a little to pay the sales guy and keep the lights on. It’s listed that low to draw attention to get people interested in it.

As far as places like Carmax and such, I’ve never dealt with carmax, but Drew worked for Carvana for a good while and he said he would never ever purchase a vehicle through them after some of the things he saw come through the shop and get a “passing score” to be sold.

WJCO

Meme King

Check this guy out, fun to watch and lots to learn: https://www.youtube.com/user/jsteverichards

This guy trains salesmen how to sell cars without lying and records all his training sessions. He also presents things in a 'no bullshit' manner while still trying to sell what he's selling. It's entertaining.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Carmax is fun because as soon as you walk through the lobby an into the car lot a appraiser goes and appraises the car you drove in so the sales guy can hit you with some savvy trade in numbers. They had to walked around my jeep a dozen times. Then the poor sales guy was almost embarrassed to tell me what there trade in value was. The guy was just doing his job but its still funny when they try to get all salesman on you and they open up with a joke.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Your price of $31 it’s is unrealistic. You are asking them to take $1k off and pay for all the fees. So it’s like they are take $4k off the price. $33.5otd would be a good price for that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Matt-tastic

Just a heads up! Finally got one! If anyone is looking here's what I was able to get.
2015 JKUR, Red, Black Leather w/ heat, Alpine stereo w/ Nav, 4.10's, Black fenders and hard top, no soft top, upgraded headlights, pretty stock other than that, 17k miles, $32.9k. Purchased on the Western slope, CO at Glenwood Springs Subaru. Now to start building! Ha!

Attachments

• IMG_5370.jpg
    IMG_5370.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Just a heads up! Finally got one! If anyone is looking here's what I was able to get.
2015 JKUR, Red, Black Leather w/ heat, Alpine stereo w/ Nav, 4.10's, Black fenders and hard top, no soft top, upgraded headlights, pretty stock other than that, 17k miles, $32.9k. Purchased on the Western slope, CO at Glenwood Springs Subaru. Now to start building! Ha!

Nice looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom