Missing person- Sequim, WA

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
A Sailor who works with me went hiking up near Sequim, Wa. on Friday the 4th. He never showed up to work on Monday. We found his car at the beginning of the Lower Grey Wolf Trailhead. No sign of him anywhere. All the authorities have been notified and numerous people spent all day with S&R searching the Olympic Peninsula. Please just keep an eye open. Thank you.

http://komonews.com/news/local/bremerton-based-sailor-missing-in-olympics

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Oh man...I hope they find him too. Four days is a long time; hope he's just lost and not with a broken leg at the bottom of a cliff...

TrailHunter

Hooked
A Sailor who works with me went hiking up near Sequim, Wa. on Friday the 4th. He never showed up to work on Monday. We found his car at the beginning of the Lower Grey Wolf Trailhead. No sign of him anywhere. All the authorities have been notified and numerous people spent all day with S&R searching the Olympic Peninsula. Please just keep an eye open. Thank you.

http://komonews.com/news/local/bremerton-based-sailor-missing-in-olympics

Whats the Terrain like there?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Scary stuff. Hope they find him safe.
It sucks when it hits so close to home.

Oh man...I hope they find him too. Four days is a long time; hope he's just lost and not with a broken leg at the bottom of a cliff...
That’s what’s scary is that it wasn’t until day three that the search started.

Same.

Whats the Terrain like there?
Pretty rough. On the western side of the state there are very dense forests. Plus the elevation is starting around 4000 ft.

Brute

Hooked
It sucks when it hits so close to home.

That’s what’s scary is that it wasn’t until day three that the search started.

Same.

Pretty rough. On the western side of the state there are very dense forests. Plus the elevation is starting around 4000 ft.

The Olympic Peninsula is a dense rain forest with giant red cedars & spruce with a mountain range running through it...when I left Seattle a couple days ago, the weather was actually nice...but at the upper elevations it would be much cooler...and wet....exposure would be a real problem. Hopefully he was prepared as a hiker to have the ability to start a fire and stay dry...water may not be a problem, which is good.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Spent all day on the mountain with no success. We had about 50 volunteers from the ship. Most of them co-workers. S&R were surprised with all the available help since most of the time they only have 5 volunteers show up. There were dogs and a helicopter. No luck yet.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Spent all day on the mountain with no success. We had about 50 volunteers from the ship. Most of them co-workers. S&R were surprised with all the available help since most of the time they only have 5 volunteers show up. There were dogs and a helicopter. No luck yet.

Wow, that’s crazy. How many more days will they search?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Not sure. Tomorrow will be the sixth day since he went missing but tomorrow will be day three of the search. S&R will gather all the data from today to come up with a plan for tomorrow.

Brute

Hooked
I terribly sorry you haven't found him yet...are you going out tomorrow? We hope for the best...

RazerX

Like was stated before, there is very dense uneven terrain there which makes searching with a helicopter problematic. There is also bears, cougars and probably wolves in the park which add additional risk if he's laid up hurt somewhere. I really hope they find him but it needs to happen soon.

sparks

Scary situation for sure. Hopefully he was somewhat prepared and just lost. He’s originally from this area (sw chicago ) so it’s been hitting the news cycles briefly with updates. Hope he’s found safe soon

Top Bottom