Utah trip.

black pearl

Hooked
So I'm starting the planning of our trip through Utah, that was put off from last year because of wild fires.
It's still months out but would like in put from people, mainly the Moab area. The trip will be in October. I've been looking at different camping areas. One question I have is do we need to get a fire permit for stove/camp fire? I'm sure I'll have tons of more questions.
Thanks in advance 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
So I'm starting the planning of our trip through Utah, that was put off from last year because of wild fires.
It's still months out but would like in put from people, mainly the Moab area. The trip will be in October. I've been looking at different camping areas. One question I have is do we need to get a fire permit for stove/camp fire? I'm sure I'll have tons of more questions.
Thanks in advance 🤙

You can call any local BLM, US Forest Service, or National Park Service for information on campfire permits. As far as I can tell those are strictly a CA thing. There are firewood permits with typically pertains to wood cutting and gathering though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
You can call any local BLM, US Forest Service, or National Park Service for information on campfire permits. As far as I can tell those are strictly a CA thing. There are firewood permits with typically pertains to wood cutting and gathering though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good call I'll contact one of them. [emoji106] I just don't want to get there and be "that guy" [emoji23]

black pearl

Hooked
Reviving this thread now that we have set dates for the trip. Our stops are Bryce Canyon, Zion, masa Verde, aches and Moab. We'll be spending two days in Moab October 12-13 (Friday, Saturday) hopping to get a few people to run a couple trails. I would like to run poison spider masa and top of the world and anything else time allows.

The BAD Influence

Caught the Bug
Reviving this thread now that we have set dates for the trip. Our stops are Bryce Canyon, Zion, masa Verde, aches and Moab. We'll be spending two days in Moab October 12-13 (Friday, Saturday) hopping to get a few people to run a couple trails. I would like to run poison spider masa and top of the world and anything else time allows.

Do the triple : Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar. That's a full day, great trail. Top of the world is great, but again, almost the whole day. Depending on time and where you end up staying, the short part of Hells Revenge could be done in a couple hours.
Good luck with your trip. Enjoy.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Fins and things and Hells Revenge are right next to each other and can be easily done in an afternoon. I'm planning another trip next year and plan on running elephant hill and definitely poison spider. Top of the world might be a must too. There's plenty of free campsites in Moab if you're looking to go that route.

black pearl

Hooked
Do the triple : Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar. That's a full day, great trail. Top of the world is great, but again, almost the whole day. Depending on time and where you end up staying, the short part of Hells Revenge could be done in a couple hours.
Good luck with your trip. Enjoy.
I was thinking of doing the three together. I'm alright with full day trails, I'm sure there will be more trips.

Fins and things and Hells Revenge are right next to each other and can be easily done in an afternoon. I'm planning another trip next year and plan on running elephant hill and definitely poison spider. Top of the world might be a must too. There's plenty of free campsites in Moab if you're looking to go that route.

Those two were on my list also but had to give up a day, due to travel time home. We got a camp site reserved by arches, the wife wanted to be sure we had a spot.

LBK Bud

Hey Black Pearl,

We're planning to be in Utah late September thru October. Hitting Moab and the parks. Pulling the Jeep behind an RV.

I'm looking for trail partners, pretty new to off roading so really don't want to be heading off solo.Hope to meet up and run a few.

black pearl

Hooked
Hey Black Pearl,

We're planning to be in Utah late September thru October. Hitting Moab and the parks. Pulling the Jeep behind an RV.

I'm looking for trail partners, pretty new to off roading so really don't want to be heading off solo.Hope to meet up and run a few.

We'll be running a few trails oct. 12-13. Always looking for someone to wheel with, as we'll be solo.

Top Bottom