PRP premier / daily driver seats

desertrunner

Anyone put PRP premier or daily driver seats in their JK?

I can't find any pictures of them on the Google of them installed in a JK. And hardly any pics of the premier installed in something other than a side by side.

Just looking for fitment pictures and reviews of subjective comfort.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I've got the PRP Summit Elite models installed in my JK and they're great. They seem to be pretty comfortable with all my friends who've ridden in the Jeep. Having so many options, then options within the seats is great, but also makes it hard to choose. I chose these cause I wanted to stay away from the high bolsters which make getting in and out tough.

Long days on the trail weren't a problem and the seats are supportive and comfortable. It was suggested I get the suede material on the seat cause it helps keep your back from sliding around on trails.

These are standard height and width. Only option added was heat and stitching.

IMG_2737.JPG
IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_4721.JPG

Exodus 4x4

I’m running the Enduro Elite seats in my JK. Super comfortable compared to stock. Drove from Texas to Nevada/Cali and back for the JKX and never felt uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

So hard to choose without being anywhere near a dealer to actually go sit in them. My wife is really wanting the high bolster around the hips which is why I have been leaning towards the fix back seats. And the added bonus of getting custom colors with the PRPs is nice. While I'm sure they are comfy I'm not a fan of the style of the Enduro elite. The daily driver is currently my favorite since the stock seatbelt should fit around it nicely. The premiers look awesome but that's pretty much locking me in to a 4pt due to how high across the stomach the stock belt would sit.
Hard to justify a non refundable $1000 purchase without really seeing any examples of them in a JK.

If you or your wife wants to recline
the seat I'd add the Mastercraft Baja RS's to the list. I had my mind set on Enduro elites for a while until I sat in both the Enduros and the Bajas at an off road expo last week. I ordered a set of RS's that day. The RS has some good side bolstering while the Enduros didn't have enough for my tastes. I do wish Mastercraft offered custom combos like PRP however.

desertrunner

If you or your wife wants to recline
the seat I'd add the Mastercraft Baja RS's to the list. I had my mind set on Enduro elites for a while until I sat in both the Enduros and the Bajas at an off road expo last week. I ordered a set of RS's that day. The RS has some good side bolstering while the Enduros didn't have enough for my tastes. I do wish Mastercraft offered custom combos like PRP however.
The Baja RS was top on my list for a while but my wife didn't think it would have the side bolster support she wanted (just by looking at the pictures) obviously we haven't sat any so we are going off our best guess with the pictures. Corbeau has nice folding options with good side bolstering but I'm not sold on their vinyl and I like the PRP Tweed for seating surface.

Did you sit in the Rubicon seat while you were there? If yes was it that much more support than the RS?

The Baja RS was top on my list for a while but my wife didn't think it would have the side bolster support she wanted (just by looking at the pictures) obviously we haven't sat any so we are going off our best guess with the pictures. Corbeau has nice folding options with good side bolstering but I'm not sold on their vinyl and I like the PRP Tweed for seating surface.

Did you sit in the Rubicon seat while you were there? If yes was it that much more support than the RS?

I installed the seats last Sunday. The sides of the Baja take some effort to get over due to the frame, so there’s definitely some good side support. I actually gotta pull myself up and over to get out. It’s not like the stock seats where you just slide out. It does sit quite a bit higher too. I now have a view of my hood that was lost with the EVO cage.

I didn't check out the Rubicon. PRP definitely has nice fabric options. I’ve got a friend with the ostrich vinyl and they look great.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I’ve been tossing a coin between RS and PRP seats for a few months now. I love the PRP options but find myself in the same boat having never actually sat in them. The RS I found to be very comfortable though as I got to try them out.

When you replaced yours did you have to bypass the airbag or didn’t your stock seats have them?

Exodus 4x4

I’ve been tossing a coin between RS and PRP seats for a few months now. I love the PRP options but find myself in the same boat having never actually sat in them. The RS I found to be very comfortable though as I got to try them out.

When you replaced yours did you have to bypass the airbag or didn’t your stock seats have them?

Having sat on both, I would go with PRP. I have sold and installed the Baja RS seats in a few Jeeps. There’s a reason I have PRP in mine.

Carbon6

I installed a seat of seats from an SRT, much more comfortable and can be powered for adjustment, heated, and vented functions... will need to either fab or have fab custom mounts for the seats but they are a great fit and the seat cost is comparable to custom PRPs

desertrunner

Having sat on both, I would go with PRP. I have sold and installed the Baja RS seats in a few Jeeps. There’s a reason I have PRP in mine.

Yeah I think I have finally decided on going with the PRP daily drivers
I don't like the Enduro elites so the Baja RS was my reclining option but we decided it will be fine to go fixed back
I like the material options of the PRPs way better

Exodus 4x4

Yeah I think I have finally decided on going with the PRP daily drivers
I don't like the Enduro elites so the Baja RS was my reclining option but we decided it will be fine to go fixed back
I like the material options of the PRPs way better

Nice. The main reason I went with the Enduro Elites in mine was because they’re easier to get in and out of. I made all the seat belt stuff work safely. Takes work but it can be done. You’ll enjoy the PRP’s no matter how you get them. We are a dealer for them but mostly for shop builds. I can order them for outside sales but man, there’s so many options I just don’t want to get anything wrong!

desertrunner

Nice. The main reason I went with the Enduro Elites in mine was because they’re easier to get in and out of. I made all the seat belt stuff work safely. Takes work but it can be done. You’ll enjoy the PRP’s no matter how you get them. We are a dealer for them but mostly for shop builds. I can order them for outside sales but man, there’s so many options I just don’t want to get anything wrong!

Being that my Jeep isn't a DD I'm not too worried about it being harder to get in and out of which is nice. I have seen quite a few videos on how to get the seatbelt stuff worked out so I should be good to go there.
Yeah I would definitely order from ya if I was going to get just a standard color and stuff but with the getting the colors and fabric and the extra height I'm just going to order direct

I'm looking for some as well, or just a seat cover with some padding. But some shops only sell you 1 cover for 1 seat or 2 for like $100. I want to cover rest of my Jeeps seatings. So far I went with DYI and put on my used T-Shirts over the seat so they won't get dirty for the time period. And for the butt cushion, I might get like a small memory foam and try to install it under my stock seats or on top and layer it with a cover. Not sure, but I do want to buy something comfy that won't break my wallet or my back Lol!

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I'm looking for some as well, or just a seat cover with some padding. But some shops only sell you 1 cover for 1 seat or 2 for like $100. I want to cover rest of my Jeeps seatings. So far I went with DYI and put on my used T-Shirts over the seat so they won't get dirty for the time period. And for the butt cushion, I might get like a small memory foam and try to install it under my stock seats or on top and layer it with a cover. Not sure, but I do want to buy something comfy that won't break my wallet or my back Lol!

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
My biggest issue is the foam side bolster on my wife's side is all torn off so a seat cover doesn't help in my case.

Weebz

Caught the Bug

I should have asked you while on the phone yesterday but are the Enduro Elites still giving you better stability on the trail. I slide all over like a 8 year old on a carnival ride in my stock seats. I like the feel of having good bolstering to lock me in.

Top Bottom