FLEX TESTING Our Gladiator

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that we're finally back at home or at least, for a bit, I decided to do some well needed trimming of the factory fenders to help clear our 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers. As some of you may have seen on our recent JL/JT Experience videos, the tires were making contact with them at a full flex and that was causing them to pull away from the body. Anyway, here are some pics from the flex testing we did after the trim. I think things are better now. :cool:

20191022171533-48c02722-me.jpg

20191022171542-4a805f25-me.jpg

20191022171546-a5b9a2f1-me.jpg

20191022171423-02dcb276-me.jpg

20191022171433-0c43c5fe-me.jpg

20191022171553-077cc093-me.jpg

20191022171436-375aad14-me.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
I love seeing it all twisted up! Still no name for the gladiator yet? Lol just throwing it out there... Spartacus

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you’re not a fan of metal fenders, but have you thought about running an aftermarket fender in this build? I’m back and forth on it.

Yeah, not a fan of metal fenders on the JL or the JT especially being that the body panels are even thinner than the JK. Hell, I've been able to push in the rear body panel a bit from a big hit to the factory plastic fenders. Also, most of what I've been seeing or at least, so far anyway really hasn't done anything for me especially up front. The DRL's really make the JL and JT and without them, both just look like a JK or at least to me anyway.

Looking good. Any reason that you didn't remove the lower section completely?

Are you referring to the black trim or the fender liners or both? The liners I left in just to help keep things looking a bit tidier and the trim I think adds to the overall look - one that I like. If I don't have to, I'd rather not remove it.

That thing is a beast! Lookin great

This thing can twist. Wow.

Pretty impressive for a truck, that's for sure :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse me while I wipe the drool off of my phone 🤤🤤

LOL - I have to say that I really love our JT and in a way that I wasn't expecting. Not only is it a looker, it performs amazingly on the trail too :yup:

So much flex!! Those front corner pictures are poster worthy!

Pretty awesome for a truck to do this. Super happy with it :)

Cleanup on isle 3 please....

Did you guys get the rear springs sorted out?

So, with all our gear out of the back, the overall stance is good. Of course, that's still with a ton of pre-load. We've been talking to Mel about this ever since the JL/JT Experience and he's got a new recipe for both front and rear. Need to order up springs and give that a try.

Killer... hoping to see it wheel on the NYR.

Oh yeah, count on it :)

I love seeing it all twisted up! Still no name for the gladiator yet? Lol just throwing it out there... Spartacus

LOL - Actually, I've been kind of liking JAWS but Cindy is still warming up to it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JT Lee?...

Is Mel also working on a long arm kit and DTD for the JT rear?

What Bubba said. Might be a bit but only because they're thinking big and trying to work out the geometry issues that the JT has in the rear.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Your JT is looking amazing Eddie. The flex is insane!

I’m looking forward to see what Evo Mfg had in store for the rear. Would be sweet to see some sort of trailing arm setup to be an option for the high speed junkies out there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your JT is looking amazing Eddie. The flex is insane!

I’m looking forward to see what Evo Mfg had in store for the rear. Would be sweet to see some sort of trailing arm setup to be an option for the high speed junkies out there as well.

I think it's pretty safe to say that trailing arms will be something we see for sure. :yup:

Top Bottom