VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - BETTER BOOST for Your BUDGET - RANCHO JL WRANGLER Sport Lift Kit

Rancho

Caught the Bug
RS5000X is our "introductory" shock, but don't let the inexpensive cost fool you, they are a great shock. The valving is really cool.
RS7000MT is a monotube shock, this is a high pressure nitrogen gas charged shock, so a firmer shock. Some do not like a shock that is firm.
RS90000XL is our adjustable shock, via a knob at the base. This is for ride feel. A 1 setting is very soft, a 8-9 is firm.
The RS5000X and RS9000XL are available for the JL now in our various SPORT systems, with the RS9000XL being released as a "stand alone" very soon.
The RS7000MT is in prototype/testing right now.
Yes we use a universal box for our shocks.
I think I hit everything on this and now here to answer questions.
If I don't know the answer, I know a few engineers.

:beer:

Great job once again 👍
The front come with 9000, rear 7000, but you keeping the 5000 ??? What's the difference between all those, if you change the 5000 will it be better as you seem to feel it a bit harsh ?

The kit comes with 5000x. Are you referring to the shock images you saw on the shock boxes? Rancho uses the same box for all their shocks, with pics of each shock on different sides.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bruduc

I don't want to hijack the thread, and I didn't even have a JL, I have a JKU, but I think the question will fit anyway ; the 9000 at 1 is soft as what ? And at 9 firm as what ? As firm as the 7000 ? The same kit with those different shock will behave differently ?
Thanks to take time to answer my questions guys, I really appreciate it ( all of you )

Rancho

Caught the Bug
1 is REALLY soft.
4-5 is OE like.
7-8 is like a monotube, but a different firm. Think if you are towing, you firm up the rear to help with "porpoising"
Yes same kit with different shocks will have a different ride feel.
For example on my JKU, I ran RS9000XL on a 3, switched to the firmer 7000MT, and then back to RS9000XL's. Now I run my 9000's at a 7 or so. I like that "firmness" now.

I don't want to hijack the thread, and I didn't even have a JL, I have a JKU, but I think the question will fit anyway ; the 9000 at 1 is soft as what ? And at 9 firm as what ? As firm as the 7000 ? The same kit with those different shock will behave differently ?
Thanks to take time to answer my questions guys, I really appreciate it ( all of you )

BaddestCross

1 is like you have no shocks whatsoever, 9 is like you welded a piece of rebar across your spring coils. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

woof359

OEM lean

I wonder why the factory added the lean and why Rancho didn't do away with it, In a cross wind on the highway this just adds to the bricks handling:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder why the factory added the lean and why Rancho didn't do away with it, In a cross wind on the highway this just adds to the bricks handling:thinking:

I think Jeep installed taller coils on the passenger side to help mitigate the lean JK's all have on that side. Unfortunately, I think they just over did it. Rancho isn't the only company following in the footsteps of Jeep - most aftermarket companies are doing the same.

JKJason

We just bought a JL and my first thought was this Rancho kit for her. However, all documentation I see says it's for a Rubicon only. She bought a Sport. Does anyone know why this kit would only work on a Rubicon? Thanks!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
We have this system for the non-Rubicon too :)

With the RS9000XL adjustable shocks
http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...ension-system-rs9000xl-shocks-rs66124br9.html

With the 5000X shocks
http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...pension-system-rs5000x-shocks-rs66124br5.html

We just bought a JL and my first thought was this Rancho kit for her. However, all documentation I see says it's for a Rubicon only. She bought a Sport. Does anyone know why this kit would only work on a Rubicon? Thanks!

Jimbogas

Hi Eddie. While waiting for my factory build to arrive I’m thinking on going with this lift. While waiting I have had a lot of time to read threads and watch videos. I’ve seen where people have installed 2 inch lifts and the front and rear axles are up to 3/4 inch off center. I’ve also read threads where people put a 2 inch lift on and they have not had this problem. What’s your thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie. While waiting for my factory build to arrive I’m thinking on going with this lift. While waiting I have had a lot of time to read threads and watch videos. I’ve seen where people have installed 2 inch lifts and the front and rear axles are up to 3/4 inch off center. I’ve also read threads where people put a 2 inch lift on and they have not had this problem. What’s your thoughts on this?

Your track bar is connect to the frame on one side and the axle on the other. The taller you go, the more your axle will get pulled over to the side that the track bar is mounted to on the frame. A "true" 2 inch lift will have a very small amount of axle shift. A 2 inch lift that yields a lot more lift than just 2 inches will have a lot more axle shift. In other words, for those people who claim to be seeing up to 3/4 of an inch of axle shift, if it's really true, they clearly have a LOT more lift than just 2 inches they thought they would be getting.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for doing the video on this. Watched it a couple of times this week. Got the lift done today smoothly. It said a Sport would get 3.5 inches of lift and we ended up getting 4 even with a winch on it. But came out great.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for doing the video on this. Watched it a couple of times this week. Got the lift done today smoothly. It said a Sport would get 3.5 inches of lift and we ended up getting 4 even with a winch on it. But came out great.
Awesome! Happy to hear the video was helpful to you and that you got everything installed without any issues. Also, once the coils settle out, it'll be closer to 3.5" (y)

Top Bottom