SHOW us the SNOW!!

jdofmemi

I have a question for you guys who live in snow country.

How do you handle the frozen outer door handles when driving in freezing snow/slush/water. The shit layers the Jeep in ice, and seems to collect in the molding around the button.

I noticed on the JL, with the pull handle, they don't have the same issue, but in the JK, every time I do a snow run, after the sun goes down and it is freezing, I have to leave my window half down so I can reach in to the inner handle to open the door.

I chipped the ice one time and got the button pushed, but it would not come back out, so the door would not latch until I got my knife and pried it out, which does not help the looks any.

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_214420-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20190224_214420-1008x756.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 100

Jsouder53

Hooked

How do you handle the frozen outer door handles when driving in freezing snow/slush/water. The shit layers the Jeep in ice, and seems to collect in the molding around the button.

I noticed on the JL, with the pull handle, they don't have the same issue, but in the JK, every time I do a snow run, after the sun goes down and it is freezing, I have to leave my window half down so I can reach in to the inner handle to open the door.

I chipped the ice one time and got the button pushed, but it would not come back out, so the door would not latch until I got my knife and pried it out, which does not help the looks any.

I’ve luckily never had to deal with that bad of a situation. Every once in a while, it gets stiff but I can typically just push through it.

JJ151

Tucked.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

I have same issue. I always make it a point to keep hand sanitizer w/ me. The little tiny bottles this time of year for this reason. And if you’re in a hurry a couple drops on the windshield go a long way.

I’ve broken a few handles on cars and suvs.
The trick is to not pull on them. Just enough to unlatch and then pry at the seems of door to open. Yesterday I near ripped off my the steel tj handle and it got stuck open. Took the door off and brought inside to thaw. Wd40, silicon lubricant, and other things help to keep water from getting there to begin with.

PokerStogey

Did you make it to the top ? The trail is easy to lose at the bottom when there is too much snow .

Unfortunately we did not... the snow was crazy. Wasn’t willing to push it in a solo rig with my girl. Fell into a large hole twice which required the shovel and some winching to get out... it was pretty nuts. Just getting turned around was took more than it should have. Going to have to give it a shot in a few months I guess.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately we did not... the snow was crazy. Wasn’t willing to push it in a solo rig with my girl. Fell into a large hole twice which required the shovel and some winching to get out... it was pretty nuts. Just getting turned around was took more than it should have. Going to have to give it a shot in a few months I guess.

We went over thanksgiving and had to turn around day 1 too . Luckily 2 days later it cleared up and we made it to the top . Fun snow wheeling there tho

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

Top Bottom