JL pickup spotted!

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
So I read an article that the last JK and JKU will roll off the assembly line on this Friday.

So the line can retool and set it up for the JL truck also!

Brute

Hooked
Lol.....

Any chance you will be retiring Brute to get that 6500# towing capacity?

Still a darn shame AEV wouldn’t up the towing capacity on the hemi double cabs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AEV kept the rated towing capacity the same as the JKU for liability reasons. My Brute does have a Class III hitch which will allow me to tow 6000 lbs...and with the longer wheelbase and 5.7 hemi, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've decided to keep Brute, upgrade the axles to Dynatrac XD60/XD60 with 1550LT front wheel ends, Pro Grip Brakes, ARB lockers and 5:38 gears; install EVO Double D Pro suspension and King air bumps; 40" Cooper STT Pro tires...and PSC hydro assist steering. I'm going to look into the feasibility of shortening the bed just a tad to improve departure angle...if it's going to be a major project that is just too much cost to justify, then I'll just change the front & rear bumpers to the same GenRights that I have on the JK6 and call it a day...

I'll start this project by the end of summer...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to say that I saw a convoy of JT's heading in the opposite direction as me on US 95 out near Indian Springs, NV last week. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a pic.

Top Bottom