What problems does your Jeep have this week?

jeeeep

Hooked
front end shudders when braking.

Had discs turned, one was scored bad but brake pads had plenty of material on them. I'm thinking the hub being worn so badly had something to do with the disc getting damaged.

Brake fluid looks pretty dirty and plan to flush it this weekend.

BaddestCross

Jeep salesmen told me “ if you don’t want water leaks, don’t buy a wrangler “. How true. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yup. It's been a constant battle, but this time I'm pretty sure it was my fault. I probably pulled my soft top too tight when I replaced it recently. The good news is, it appears that the leak I had at the corner of the windshield is still gone.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Here is a new one on me, Traction Control light due to misaligned column?

I'm guessing here. I managed to run up against a big piece of the planet a couple weeks ago that didn't move. My front driver tire ended up turned right to the stop and jammed up against the rock. I had to back up and try a different line. Didn't seem like a big deal, no sudden impact or lurching, just normal crawling. When I got off the trail the steering wheel was rotated 15 degrees to the right and the Traction Control Light came on.. The code won't clear. The alignment is still fine she tracks down the road with no pulling. I just figured the clamp was loose and had rotated/slipped on the drag link but not the case.

While I had her in for something else, my shop guy checked the code and told me the steering column intermediate shaft rotational sensor is saying its turned 70 degrees out from the other sensor which is zero'd. Has anyone seen this before? Can you point me in the right direction to fix it. The shop didn't recommend a fix, maybe they didn't know or maybe they didn't want to tell me how much. It was right before the holidays and they said bring her back after xmas and we'll take a look. It's a 2011 JKU sport, running stock steering box and original steering assembly and Pitman arm. 99,000 miles. ProRock 44 axle and upgraded front end on a 2.5 RK xfactor lift.

Any help appreciated.

Angry Aussie

IMG_8491.JPG

Coolant leak

Oil cooler leaking

IMG_8232.JPG

Tie Rod and drag link loose! I can wiggle them with my hand, they move pretty easily. Recently changed the cartridges in them and they are loose again!! Can’t get them to button up correctly! About to switch to Synergy set up.

I'm guessing here. I managed to run up against a big piece of the planet a couple weeks ago that didn't move. My front driver tire ended up turned right to the stop and jammed up against the rock. I had to back up and try a different line. Didn't seem like a big deal, no sudden impact or lurching, just normal crawling. When I got off the trail the steering wheel was rotated 15 degrees to the right and the Traction Control Light came on.. The code won't clear. The alignment is still fine she tracks down the road with no pulling. I just figured the clamp was loose and had rotated/slipped on the drag link but not the case.

While I had her in for something else, my shop guy checked the code and told me the steering column intermediate shaft rotational sensor is saying its turned 70 degrees out from the other sensor which is zero'd. Has anyone seen this before? Can you point me in the right direction to fix it. The shop didn't recommend a fix, maybe they didn't know or maybe they didn't want to tell me how much. It was right before the holidays and they said bring her back after xmas and we'll take a look. It's a 2011 JKU sport, running stock steering box and original steering assembly and Pitman arm. 99,000 miles. ProRock 44 axle and upgraded front end on a 2.5 RK xfactor lift.

Sorry for the bump but I could really use some ideas if anyone has seen this before. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

View attachment 317792

Coolant leak

Oil cooler leaking

View attachment 317793

Tie Rod and drag link loose! I can wiggle them with my hand, they move pretty easily. Recently changed the cartridges in them and they are loose again!! Can’t get them to button up correctly! About to switch to Synergy set up.

Same thing just happened with my steer smarts top mount no drill drag link. Less than a year old and the boot is torn. Now i have to deal with them for a replacement ball joint because it uses a proprietary ball joint. Already sent them an email and left a voicemail with no response. Ugghhh

IMG_0208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You likely bent the drag link. Straighten your steering wheel (easy and free) and see what happens. Start there.

I cleared the code by straightening the wheel just like you said and found the problem. One of the drag link adjustment sleeve bolts has damaged threads so the bolt will appear to be tight but the sleeve will still rotate allowing the drag link to adjustment to wander all over the place. Weird, it feels like it torqued but you can still rotate the sleeve. Explains why I haven't been able to keep the steering wheel from wandering. Guessing the alignment shop got it cross threaded ( I had her aligned after mounting the 37S) but hard to see how that could happen.

Sometime I think we love these things just because they keep us on our toes and keep us guessing. What the hell is she going to do this week? Well, its easy to fix and she's liking the snow we had in southern Arizona this week.

FB-5682.jpg

Cheers, thanks for the help.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
My CEL just came on on the way home. P0305, cylinder 5 misfire at only 28k miles.... such a bummer since we are supposed to be camping this weekend with my sons scout pack, and 4wd is required to get there.

WJCO

Meme King
My CEL just came on on the way home. P0305, cylinder 5 misfire at only 28k miles.... such a bummer since we are supposed to be camping this weekend with my sons scout pack, and 4wd is required to get there.

Can you just pop a new plug or coil in and fix it in time? Or are you thinking it's the head?

Top Bottom