SUCKS to Run Errands in the SNOW

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I believe WJCO's eagle eye first noticed when you posted that Pic in front of Dynatrac recently.. :yup:

Actually, that pic was taken right when we got to Dynatrac and we did NOT have a PR44JL installed at that time. :crazyeyes:

longarmwj

:cheesy: I was wondering who'd be the first to notice. I need to send you a pair of our new shot glasses!

That is awesome!!! I just got out of dinner and got your message. Thank you Eddie. They will be used very very frequently [emoji23]

What’s funny is that the RCV boots caught my eye. Bright red against mostly a white everything else. I was sitting here like “did Eddie pull a fast one and not post about it yet, or has JetLi taken up a new career as a plumber with those toilet plunger CVs” [emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is awesome!!! I just got out of dinner and got your message. Thank you Eddie. They will be used very very frequently [emoji23]

What’s funny is that the RCV boots caught my eye. Bright red against mostly a white everything else. I was sitting here like “did Eddie pull a fast one and not post about it yet, or has JetLi taken up a new career as a plumber with those toilet plunger CVs” [emoji13][emoji13]

:cheesy: I for sure thought that would have been a dead giveaway. As most know, RCV's aren't my first choice by any means but currently, they were the only way we could pull this off or at least, at this time. Dynatrac will be offering other shaft options in the near future.

longarmwj

:cheesy: I for sure thought that would have been a dead giveaway. As most know, RCV's aren't my first choice by any means but currently, they were the only way we could pull this off or at least, at this time. Dynatrac will be offering other shaft options in the near future.

That’s awesome!! I look forward to the official thread!

As said before, I love the RCVs I have in the WJ, but then again I have locking hubs so I don’t have the clicking and grease issue most have written about. Nice upgrade for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I believe WJCO's eagle eye first noticed when you posted that Pic in front of Dynatrac recently.. :yup:

Actually, that pic was taken right when we got to Dynatrac and we did NOT have a PR44JL installed at that time. :crazyeyes:

Lol. Once I saw the building in the background, the first thing I looked at was the front diff. I did think the axle was still OEM because I didn't see the sexy curves that the prorock offers. But Eddie had recently done that Rancho skid video, so when I saw it missing, I was hoping he was getting a new axle from dynatrac.

Andy5160

Hooked
Lol. Once I saw the building in the background, the first thing I looked at was the front diff. I did think the axle was still OEM because I didn't see the sexy curves that the prorock offers. But Eddie had recently done that Rancho skid video, so when I saw it missing, I was hoping he was getting a new axle from dynatrac.

Lol and he did get one [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
kewl as a jewelin the snow with that new front axle and rcv's, on and engineering point of view cv's are stronger but have to be greased or kept clear of contamination .... we get cv's "ome" on the all the JL's in Europe (good or bad time will tell) but the boots are the same standard crap that you get on any "automobile" these days and that is not really good in mud, salt, water crossings etc as they might be prone to cracking after 5 years or so....:thinking::thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s awesome!! I look forward to the official thread!

As said before, I love the RCVs I have in the WJ, but then again I have locking hubs so I don’t have the clicking and grease issue most have written about. Nice upgrade for sure!!

RCV's are strong axles and I've run them in the past. My biggest complaint about them is that they cost so much more than a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips and I really don't see them as being any better. For sure, the loud snap crackle pop they get when wheeled hard is annoying as hell too. But, giving the circumstances, I'd rather run them than nothing at all and this upgrade is something we've been wanting to do for a while now, especially after I started seeing more housing breaks.

Oh.. he was for-shadowing... Lol.

Indeed he was :crazyeyes:

Lol WJCO deserves a pair [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I think you're right. :yup:

Well, we do film a lot and don't always post up videos chronologically but you were correct in assuming that something was going on. I removed the Rancho glide plate because I didn't want to leave it at Dynatrac and thought I may still have a use for it in the future :)

kewl as a jewelin the snow with that new front axle and rcv's, on and engineering point of view cv's are stronger but have to be greased or kept clear of contamination .... we get cv's "ome" on the all the JL's in Europe (good or bad time will tell) but the boots are the same standard crap that you get on any "automobile" these days and that is not really good in mud, salt, water crossings etc as they might be prone to cracking after 5 years or so....:thinking::thinking:

Oh yeah, as most people know, I'm not really a big fan of RCV's. I mean, they work but if I had other options available to me, I would have gone with one of them instead.

JeepDad17

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a little bit of fun running those errands ;)

We had to deal with similar conditions from that storm..
20190205_072415.jpg

shipjim

No Snow

Snows not an issue in Houston, we do get a bit of rain but, since I live on a hill, I just wait to go out!!:standing wave::standing wave::standing wave:

Top Bottom