Psc Big bore

KICKROX

I'm running 37's on my Rubicon now.. and I have had a few spots where it was nearly impossible to turn the wheel and obviously I didn't want to force the issue and end up breaking a sector shaft.. I did break a u-joint though.. so I'm starting to think about my front end setup. Do you guys think the XDII-R is fine for what I have? and what about u-joints? stick with u-joints or RCV Performance Axles sets?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I'm running 37's on my Rubicon now.. and I have had a few spots where it was nearly impossible to turn the wheel and obviously I didn't want to force the issue and end up breaking a sector shaft.. I did break a u-joint though.. so I'm starting to think about my front end setup. Do you guys think the XDII-R is fine for what I have? and what about u-joints? stick with u-joints or RCV Performance Axles sets?

Stick with u joints. I had RCVs in my old axle and they started clicking the 2nd year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

maskale

OP did you install their optional 1/2" line upgrade. I installed the lines and the XD, kept factory pump. Running 37's. I didnt notice the steering being slower. I also installed a steering cooler, so that may or may not have added a slight resistance in return flow. But over all still very happy with it.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So a question for ones with the big bore. What fluid do you guys use? Swepco? Has anyone used royal purple?

norcal-s

Just another point of reference on my JKU. I have a stock ported steering box, the PSC pump and reservoir, PSC high pressure line, cooler and a PSC 1.75 x 6.75 ram. I'm running 37's. I've only noticed lag one time when pulling into the driveway when my idle dropped for a second. It may be that the XD box requires more pressure than the stock box and that's where the lag is coming from. Aside from that, it's rock solid, It turns as soon as you want it. On the highway it's a bit touchy, but you get used to it, make sure your alignment is spot on and you have enough caster, I believe PSC recommends 7+ degrees. I put a 2 door box into my 4 door actually, I think the slower ratio helps with the highway driving.

In my opinion, the XD box is great, but, adding a ram is going to make a more noticeable difference. It takes a lot of stress off the box and drag link, it also acts as an incredible steering stabilizer. Seriously, it transforms your steering, you're essentially removing any slop from the TRE's on the drag link and steering directly on the tie-rod. The cost of my set-up is pretty close to buying the XD box.

All that said, if my box fails, I'll surely get the XD for peace of mind.

jcslax17

Does anyone know if the XDII-R box can be ran without the ram setup? i'm looking at moving to the upgraded box and pump but dont really want to add the ram just yet.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if the XDII-R box can be ran without the ram setup? i'm looking at moving to the upgraded box and pump but dont really want to add the ram just yet.

Just cap the ports.

The box comes with the ports already capped out of the packaging. Just leave them capped, install the steering box and hook up the feed/return lines from the steering pump. EaZZZZy. :beer:

jcslax17

The box comes with the ports already capped out of the packaging. Just leave them capped, install the steering box and hook up the feed/return lines from the steering pump. EaZZZZy. :beer:

That’s what I thought but just wanted to clarify. Thanks. Can’t wait to feel the difference. I know my stock box isn’t long for this world after being abused

J

JKDream

So a question for ones with the big bore. What fluid do you guys use? Swepco? Has anyone used royal purple?

This is dependent on what pump you are running, not the box.
If it's the stock pump, you need to use ATF. If it's the PSC pump, either Swepco or Power Steering fluid but not ATF.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
If it's the stock pump, you need to use ATF. If it's the PSC pump, either Swepco or Power Steering fluid but not ATF.

Thanks[emoji1303] thought it was dependent on the pump. Thought the atf has abrasives in it and wears out the o rings. Planning on using risky purple

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Last time I checked into this Royal purple used to be the standard for PSC. I guess they switched to Swepco because it has good anti foaming characteristics. I really don't think you could go wrong with either. Luckily for me I have a summit racing nearby that I can get Swepco at so that is what I run.

wjtstudios

Hooked

When talking with the Techs at PSC, they only recommend swepco and not ATF even in a stock pump. Make sure you run the flush first. There is something about ATF and the compressibility. Just what I was told by them, I’m not sure if the science behind it. But mine has been rock solid for almost a year now. We just put it thru it’s paces on Drummond and it preformed perfectly.

Rocralr

I just added my new PSC ran and XD box to my 2015 JKU. My setup is about the same as DWiggles post. So far I love it. I do not have any problems when I'm on the freeway. It's a win win for me.

I have the XDII box with upgraded lines on Rubi 44’s and 37s. I did not do their pump or the rest of their “overland kit”. Currently using regular ATF. Happy with the setup and no issues up to this point. It was stiffer to start but put it in last summer and it’s loosened up a bit. I would do it again for sure.

Top Bottom