12' Gecko Build

desertrunner

For reference this is what it looks like with the seat all the way forward and tumbled.
It's a tight fit but I was able to squeeze myself into the back. But at 5'9" 160 I'm not a large person so it wouldn't work for most adults but should work for kids. 20191101_231001.jpg 20191101_230712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

No I didn’t. I really need to get back to trying to figure this out. I maybe getting rid of the JK for a JT soon and would like to have it figured it out before making the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I saw in a YouTube video a guy who pulled that sensor out of the stock seat, Took some work to do and you have to be gentle not to break it, Then stuffed it in the PRP seat in the 5th point slot. Everything seemed to work like stock for him so that's what I am going to try but I'll take pictures and document it as I go

BaddestCross

For reference this is what it looks like with the seat all the way forward and tumbled.
It's a tight fit but I was able to squeeze myself into the back. But at 5'9" 160 I'm not a large person so it wouldn't work for most adults but should work for kids. View attachment 337333 View attachment 337334

Yeah, I don't like passengers either. [emoji23]

Seats look good... Hope they work out for you.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

desertrunner

Yeah, I don't like passengers either. [emoji23]

Seats look good... Hope they work out for you.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
I mean in the 3 years I have owned the jeep the back seats have been removed since day 1 and I have only reached in through the front to grab a water bottle or something maybe a handfull of times so..... Not a real game changer.

BaddestCross

I mean in the 3 years I have owned the jeep the back seats have been removed since day 1 and I have only reached in through the front to grab a water bottle or something maybe a handfull of times so..... Not a real game changer.

Yep, same... My wife i gets after me for not putting them in, but whatever. I'm getting ready to mount my spare on a rack across the bed. [emoji23]

--

desertrunner

Got the drivers side all finished up. Everything is bolted down and fits nicely. The buckle extension worked out and got all nylock nuts installed with it and I still have full range of the slide with easy access to the buckle. I rounded off the corners of the bracket and gave it a little paint. 20191103_155509.jpg

desertrunner

Ran into my first snag on the passenger side. So the stock slider mount on the passenger side has some lateral bar support that was not on the drivers side. The PRP mount is supposed to sit flush to the slider and that lateral bar is in the way. Even worse that bar is not bolted it's riveted to the slider so I gotta figure out how the hell I'm gonna get that off....
Pics for reference first is driver side second is passenger side. 20191031_133724.jpg 20191103_163613.jpg

desertrunner

No I didn’t. I really need to get back to trying to figure this out. I maybe getting rid of the JK for a JT soon and would like to have it figured it out before making the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
So this is the occupancy weight sensor in the passenger seat. The spot in the middle where the part number sticker is is where it is glued to the foam. This seat was already pretty F'ed up so I elected to just tear it up so I could see it all. But you can reach your fingers in there pretty far and pull it off and pull it all out through the bottom of the seat where the connection wires come out. 20191103_124301.jpg 20191103_170253.jpg 20191103_172013.jpg

desertrunner

So I was able to cut the heads off of those rivets and pull that bar off pretty easy. That bar was only there to allow the slide to move freely when the seat is folded forward so really no impact to me now.
I don't have time right now to get the passenger seat in but I hooked everything back up to the wiring harness including the weight sensor and I have no lights on the dash.

desertrunner

Well it's a good thing I at least got the drivers seat done because that same night my dumb ass smoked a concrete pole in a parking lot in my truck head on. Damage from the outside doesn't look terrible but I hit right on the front frame horn. I hit so hard I'm honestly surprised the airbags didn't go off. It goes into the shop tomorrow to assess the damage and I'm praying the frame is ok. So I'll be DDing my singe seat Jeep for a while haha. Once I get the truck out of the garage I'll get back into the passenger seat install on the jeep but I need to get the truck taken care of first.
The amature mechanic in me wants to just fix is all myself but as I started to dive into it so much of the front bumper/grill/headlight assembly is a bunch of plastic bull shit all attached to each other and more and more broken plastic kept falling out. Not to mention the frame horn looks a little crunched and the body gap along the hood doesn't match the other side and my steering wheel is a good 1/4-1/2 turn off. Think I'm just gonna have to cut my losses on this one.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well it's a good thing I at least got the drivers seat done because that same night my dumb ass smoked a concrete pole in a parking lot in my truck head on. Damage from the outside doesn't look terrible but I hit right on the front frame horn. I hit so hard I'm honestly surprised the airbags didn't go off. It goes into the shop tomorrow to assess the damage and I'm praying the frame is ok. So I'll be DDing my singe seat Jeep for a while haha. Once I get the truck out of the garage I'll get back into the passenger seat install on the jeep but I need to get the truck taken care of first.
The amature mechanic in me wants to just fix is all myself but as I started to dive into it so much of the front bumper/grill/headlight assembly is a bunch of plastic bull shit all attached to each other and more and more broken plastic kept falling out. Not to mention the frame horn looks a little crunched and the body gap along the hood doesn't match the other side and my steering wheel is a good 1/4-1/2 turn off. Think I'm just gonna have to cut my losses on this one.

My dad ran over a curb embankment in his mini van when I was growing up. It separated a drive thru at the gas station from the regular driveway. The airbags went off and everything lol it was comical looking back at it now.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

My dad ran over a curb embankment in his mini van when I was growing up. It separated a drive thru at the gas station from the regular driveway. The airbags went off and everything lol it was comical looking back at it now.

I'm sure some day I'll look back and laugh but right now I feel pretty fucking stupid. I just completely didn't see it as it was just below hood height and I was gassing around the turn. Totally caught us off guard which is probably good that we didn't brace for it but my wife has some seatbelt bruises. At this point though I don't want to deal with it and I'm just gonna pass it off to a shop. Sure I could fix it and I could get some after market grill and bumper and stuff but for my DD I'm just going to send it off.

desertrunner

Ok finally got the passenger seat wrapped up and fully installed. Made a very similar bracket for the passenger side that I did for the drivers side. It's a little longer and at a different angle to accommodate the accelerometer attached to the buckle. I connected the occupancy sensor and stuffed it into the 5th point slot under the seat and zip tied it up there. Not a perfect solution but I have no lights on the dash and everything seems to function exactly like stock. 20191111_155444.jpg 20191112_202840.jpg 20191114_191806.jpg 20191114_191835.jpg 20191114_191900.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know I know I have been busy with work and kinda did over 3k worth of damage to my truck right after I finished the drivers seat so....
Did you get yours worked out with no dash lights?

Yeah all good. They had airbag sensors and all wiring already in them. I bought them “used”. The person bought them and installed then got a new job a week later and took them out to sell the Jeep.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Ok finally got the passenger seat wrapped up and fully installed. Made a very similar bracket for the passenger side that I did for the drivers side. It's a little longer and at a different angle to accommodate the accelerometer attached to the buckle. I connected the occupancy sensor and stuffed it into the 5th point slot under the seat and zip tied it up there. Not a perfect solution but I have no lights on the dash and everything seems to function exactly like stock. View attachment 337850 View attachment 337851 View attachment 337852 View attachment 337853 View attachment 337854

They look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom