Motech Gen V Startup

AU Bronc N JK

Looking into an Ls or hemi swap in my 6speed 3.6l ('15 model). Do u guys have provisions to add an auto with the LS swap and recal the computer so it can work with an auto instead of the manual i currently have? Which auto trans would u utilize for this swap?
Thanks!

MOTECH

Looking into an Ls or hemi swap in my 6speed 3.6l ('15 model). Do u guys have provisions to add an auto with the LS swap and recal the computer so it can work with an auto instead of the manual i currently have? Which auto trans would u utilize for this swap?
Thanks!

Yes about 20% of our builds are manual to automatic swaps. We mostly run the 6l80 transmission because it works perfect in a JK. We will be offering the 8 speed 8l80 in the upcoming Gen V builds but I'm not sure how much advantage there is over the 6l80 since the gear spread is similar.

Our electronics seamlessly integrate the automatic transmission into the manual JK, you will still have proper neutral safety, ESP and reverse light functions. We replace the shifter assembly, brake pedal and add the key interlock cable so everything functions as intended.

You will not have the PRNDL display on the dash because there is hardware and software differences between a manual and auto JK, we can get it functional but it is not needed IMO. My wife has been driving a manual to auto converted JK for 7 years now without a problem so.....

AU Bronc N JK

Yes about 20% of our builds are manual to automatic swaps. We mostly run the 6l80 transmission because it works perfect in a JK. We will be offering the 8 speed 8l80 in the upcoming Gen V builds but I'm not sure how much advantage there is over the 6l80 since the gear spread is similar.

Our electronics seamlessly integrate the automatic transmission into the manual JK, you will still have proper neutral safety, ESP and reverse light functions. We replace the shifter assembly, brake pedal and add the key interlock cable so everything functions as intended.

You will not have the PRNDL display on the dash because there is hardware and software differences between a manual and auto JK, we can get it functional but it is not needed IMO. My wife has been driving a manual to auto converted JK for 7 years now without a problem so.....

Awesome! I need to get with you and get some quotes for my jk. I appreciate the quick response!

MOTECH

Hi Guys,

This is literally the first drive out of the shop; the first functional Gen V LS JK Direct Injection, Continuous Variable Valve Timing and the Vacumn pump all worked perfect. If the mileage claims are true this may be the ultimate Jk engine, I'm excited to drive it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv62wplD0Nk

Last edited:

caminton

Hi Guys,

This is literally the first drive out of the shop; the first functional Gen V LS JK Direct Injection, Continuous Variable Valve Timing and the Vacumn pump all worked perfect. If the mileage claims are true this may be the ultimate Jk engine, I'm excited to drive it.

https://www.youtube.com/upload

Oh man, I sure hope you guys fix this link soon because I'm pumped to see this!

ProtocolJK

Hi Guys,

https://www.youtube.com/upload

The link isn't working but I went to your YouTube channel to watch the video and I can't wait to see this jeep finished and hear it with a full exhaust!

thardy

Banned
Now THAT's what I'm talking about! You guys keep posting these videos and making me rethink my build every time!

Top Bottom