Southeast Fall Bash at Windrock ORV October 4-6 2019

longarmwj

HOTEL BOOKING INFORMATION

A HUGE thanks is in order for the DoubleTree by Hilton in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and specifically to Mrs. Robin Castleberry for working so hard for me and with me to get this set up! We have 15 rooms set aside for the weekend of October 4th-October 6th at a rate of $91.00 a night for Wayalife members. Most of the rooms will be double queen beds, so if somebody can't afford/doesn't want to pay for a hotel room, I am sure that somebody can do some mooching somewhere :crazyeyes:

The hotel is located at: 215 S. Illinois Avenue, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37830 which is 16 minutes away from Windrock Offroad Park.

There are two ways that you can reserve a room. You can:

1: Call the hotel at 865-481-2468 and give them GROUP CODE WJC

2: Click on THIS LINK RIGHT HERE which will take you to the official Wayalife reservation page set up for our stay.

Free WiFi has been included in this stay as part of the deal!!

Last edited:

Torrin

Uhhhhng, I sure wish I could make it over for this. I will be out Jeeping in TX, else I would have brought Vengeance out for this.

longarmwj

Uhhhhng, I sure wish I could make it over for this. I will be out Jeeping in TX, else I would have brought Vengeance out for this.

Dude, you HAVE to bring Vengeance out to this!! I've wanted to see that Jeep forever, and to get to ride with it would be an absolute honor!

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just called and booked my room, I was unable to book it via the web page because I'm staying extra days, they gave me the rate for the 3-6 and my Hilton Honors rate for the Thu and Sunday night.

I'm set and counting the days!!

longarmwj

Just called and booked my room, I was unable to book it via the web page because I'm staying extra days, they gave me the rate for the 3-6 and my Hilton Honors rate for the Thu and Sunday night.

I'm set and counting the days!!

WooHoo!! I've set my countdown clock now!!! :wings:

longarmwj

Quick question for those of you coming Friday-Sunday.

I will be trying to get there Friday morning, but on Friday are we trying to do any riding at all, or we waiting for Saturday-Sunday? I was wondering if anybody would be interested in doing a historic tour Friday morning? Close to the hotel is the American Museum of Science and Energy, as well as The Manhattan Project Historical National Park.

The National Park is home to the X-10 Graphite Reactor National Historic Landmark, a pilot nuclear reactor which produced small quantities of plutonium, buildings 9731 and 9204-3 at the Y-12 complex, home to the electromagnetic separation process for uranium enrichment, K-25 Building site, where gaseous diffusion uranium enrichment technology was pioneered, and buildings 9731, 9204-3 and K-25 together enriched a portion of the material for the uranium bomb.

For the price of admission into the American Museum of Science and Energy, you also get a three hour bus tour of the X-10 Reactor, New Bethel Church at Oak Ridge National Library, the visitor overlook at the East Tennessee Technology Park (former home to the K-25 gaseous diffusion building), and Y-12 New Hope History Center. Prices are cheap! 8 dollars per adult!

Here is a link to the tour. Tour starts at 11:30AM but ends at 2:30, so there would still be some time in the day for wheeling. I just think it would be a really cool addition to the trip.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm driving up Thursday with the hopes of getting the most out of Friday, I'm leaving Monday too so I don't have to drive 9 hours back home after wheeling, with that said I'm up for making the most out of the trip. My wife will stay at the hotel since she doesn't enjoy all the banging and clunking associated with wheeling so after breakfast and before dinner I'm game to run as much as we can. I'm also up for doing some night activities with the wifes/significant others.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I will be there late Thursday afternoon or really early Friday morning. I will probably wheel Friday, Saturday and possibly Friday morning.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ll most likely come in Thursday night, wheel Friday and Saturday and then head home Sunday.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I will be there late Thursday afternoon or really early Friday morning. I will probably wheel Friday, Saturday and possibly Friday morning.

longarmwj

That's all I needed to know!! I think me and Drew might try to do some sight seeing Sunday night after we ride so if anybody wants to join, they are more than welcome to!

Top Bottom