Cozdude's build of Knuckles

jeeeep

Hooked
Do you know where the factory one mounts? I’ve heard on the sound bar and behind the dash.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

on my 2010 it was above sound bar, passenger side rollbar section where the triangle support portion is. I left it and got the Sirius magentic mount and put it under the passenger side cowl, haven't had any issues.

I should add, i would've had to replace the wiring from the dash to the antenna because when i had my heater core replaced they pinched the wiring.and jacked up the connector.

It was easier to get the antenna and be done with it.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Where did you post about your radio install? Did you get the satellite radio antenna? I have a radio and looking for the part number.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey Adam sorry just seeing this. Pretty sure I posted about the install in my thread here.

I got the gps antenna which I believe doubles as the sat antenna. I mounted it with some zip ties right behind the radio under the dash

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey Adam sorry just seeing this. Pretty sure I posted about the install in my thread here.

I got the gps antenna which I believe doubles as the sat antenna. I mounted it with some zip ties right behind the radio under the dash

You don’t have a part number so you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So since I got the 430n off of peacemaker I have been really wanting to get the nav up and running since I misplaced my garmin for longer drives.

So I gave one of my local jeep dealers a call and ordered a gps antenna for the unit. After waiting a few days for it I went to install it and realized that there is no stand alone gps plug in the back of the unit (should be a blue connection. Only have white for radio and yellow for sirus)
View attachment 320961
After speaking to the parts department again yesterday, I found out that the gps uses the sirus satellite radio antenna. Ordered up the new antenna and it now works!
View attachment 320962
If your jeep is as basic as mine is and didn’t come with satellite radio and you upgrade to a 430n rhb unit then this is the part number you will need
View attachment 320966

Here you go Adam

MericaMade

Yes this is what I found out after tracing the wire as well and it ran all the way up above the passenger side sound bar.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

That’s where I thought it was. Not going through that trouble. Lol

From what I read was when you install the GPS or Sirius satellite antenna make sure it's not on top of the head unit and off to the side under the dash potentially over by the gauges. Also don't wrap the extra cord up and stick it behind the head unit either but off to the side as well for the best signal and to minimize interference.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
From what I read was when you install the GPS or Sirius satellite antenna make sure it's not on top of the head unit and off to the side under the dash potentially over by the gauges. Also don't wrap the extra cord up and stick it behind the head unit either but off to the side as well for the best signal and to minimize interference.

Good to know. Thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Guess I hooked mine up wrong then lol. It’s right behind the headunit and the extra wire is bunched up for cleanliness lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LOL it was just what I read. As long as it working your golden.

Lol was just being a smart ass. Yea it works good. Does make me wonder tho if the sat radio would be effected in the spot if I actually used sat radio. Nav obviously hasn’t been effected.

MericaMade

Lol was just being a smart ass. Yea it works good. Does make me wonder tho if the sat radio would be effected in the spot if I actually used sat radio. Nav obviously hasn’t been effected.

When I installed my ILX207 the the placement of the GPS was a noticeable difference. At first, I had it on the head unit and wire wound up behind the head unit. When I would test for GPS signal with the 207 it would say BAD signal and maybe see two satellites. When I moved it over to the gauge cluster still under the dash it went to GOOD signal and could see 5 satellites. Then at last, I moved it to the sound bar behind the driver side that Alpine recommends and I got a excellent signal with 13 satellites. So for me placement change the signal strength.

Now, if I used the oem satellite/Sirius port that runs up behind the passenger on the soundbar with the Idatalink ACC-NAV1 connector I would get the excellent signal but every few key cycles it would say GPS not connected. That shit drove me nuts so I switch over to the Alpine GPS antenna included and been great since then,

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Slow day at work today. I adjusted the coilover ride height and did a retorque on the whole suspension.

Then had a little fun and checked out full bump with the full fenders on. Yea they need to be trimmed before I go wheeling again. They rub hard when the wheel is turned ever so slightly.

IMG_0810.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Knuckles is still alive and crackin.

After having his top down for essentially all summer I had to put the top up for good just over a month ago. When I did I saw the driver side tension cable broke at the spring
IMG_0805.jpg

So I ordered a factory replacement from Quadratec. After finding out a week later that it was back ordered I called my local dealers to find out they didn’t have any either. Monday I finally got it in the mail and just installed it.
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0867.jpg

Luckily it isn’t a hard install, just a pain to fish it thru the soft top. Just for the sake of doing it I’m going to order the passenger side as well and replace it.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Knuckles is still alive and crackin.

After having his top down for essentially all summer I had to put the top up for good just over a month ago. When I did I saw the driver side tension cable broke at the spring
View attachment 336866

So I ordered a factory replacement from Quadratec. After finding out a week later that it was back ordered I called my local dealers to find out they didn’t have any either. Monday I finally got it in the mail and just installed it.
View attachment 336867
View attachment 336868

Luckily it isn’t a hard install, just a pain to fish it thru the soft top. Just for the sake of doing it I’m going to order the passenger side as well and replace it.

I didn’t even know you could order that. Mine was ripped off, I’ll need to order one up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom