NEW!!!! 2" SPORT system with progressive coils front and rear!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m a little disappointed my new RS9000XL’s are showing a little surface rust on the edges during their first winter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine rusted quickly (and I live out West) and one shock failed after not quite one year. Still generally happy with the purchase though. The street ride suits our needs and the kit seems to perform well off road.

RCVRY

Thanks for the feedback. Now that I think about it I’m trying to remember if the Fox shocks had aluminum bodies. I think Rancho needs to step up their game on surface coatings.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Any painted shock will get surface rust.
I have seen ALL types of shocks rust. From painted to high end CO's
Road salt, mag chloride are nasty stuff.
Many folks will add extra clear coat or use other products to protect the paint.
Fox shocks (if I recall) are zinc plated like our RS7000MT.
:beer:

Thanks for the feedback. Now that I think about it I’m trying to remember if the Fox shocks had aluminum bodies. I think Rancho needs to step up their game on surface coatings.

canuck_jku

ok guys ….don't hate me for bringing back an old thread.... but I have a few questions......I have this lift installed with the geo brackets as well ...im running a 265/70 18 k02 tire....(32.6) but seems smaller …….now I wanna try and get 285/75/18 ...I live on pei… so pretty much anything has to be ordered in I wanna make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger on these tires...… if they wont fit what would I need to do to stuff them in there ? I don't wanna cut fenders...plus we have lift laws here that limits us to 4" maximum height with wheels and lift ..any help would be greatly apricated ...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
ok guys ….don't hate me for bringing back an old thread.... but I have a few questions......I have this lift installed with the geo brackets as well ...im running a 265/70 18 k02 tire....(32.6) but seems smaller …….now I wanna try and get 285/75/18 ...I live on pei… so pretty much anything has to be ordered in I wanna make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger on these tires...… if they wont fit what would I need to do to stuff them in there ? I don't wanna cut fenders...plus we have lift laws here that limits us to 4" maximum height with wheels and lift ..any help would be greatly apricated ...

What the fuck is pei?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

canuck_jku

Prince Edward Islands...great mussels, but not a place to spend winter, unless your a musk ox...

yeah we get a light dusting of snow every year lol

Attachments

• IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3768.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3763.JPG
    IMG_3763.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom