King of the Hammers 2019

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect people to wipe their own ass. The promoter put the trash there by holding the event and allowing the public to participate, I understand that. There’s a difference though between accidentally dropping a piece of a wrapper, and throwing EVERY single empty beer can over the barrier tape and into the trail. There’s a lot of that happening and it’s only a matter of time before the promoter has to get stupid strict about it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stop allowing alcohol altogether.

The real shit storm happens at night and that has nothing to do with the promoter since it’s open to the public, so I guess it all comes down to the asshole and his trash. Even without the event, the asshole and his trash still exist. One did not create the other. So whether or not KOH happens, the threat of drunken hillbilly’s throwing trash all over BLM land will continue to persist. People just need to be decent.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect people to wipe their own ass. The promoter put the trash there by holding the event and allowing the public to participate, I understand that. There’s a difference though between accidentally dropping a piece of a wrapper, and throwing EVERY single empty beer can over the barrier tape and into the trail. There’s a lot of that happening and it’s only a matter of time before the promoter has to get stupid strict about it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stop allowing alcohol altogether.

The real shit storm happens at night and that has nothing to do with the promoter since it’s open to the public, so I guess it all comes down to the asshole and his trash. Even without the event, the asshole and his trash still exist. One did not create the other. So whether or not KOH happens, the threat of drunken hillbilly’s throwing trash all over BLM land will continue to persist. People just need to be decent.

Very well said.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sullivan

I’m flying out there on Tuesday.
And I agree with all the idiots trashing it. It’s only a matter of time and they will be stopping it, or just not allowing the permit. Can’t have 80,000 people in one spot and not have damage. It’s just too big and too much.

MericaMade

Anyone thinking or planning of going out there on Thursday? I have never been and want to check it out. Also is Thursday or Friday a better day to go?

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Anyone thinking or planning of going out there on Thursday? I have never been and want to check it out. Also is Thursday or Friday a better day to go?
Friday is the big KOH race. If you've never been may want to go then. I believe the flag drops at 8am. Unfortunately seeing much of the race is difficult as its so spread out.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Trophy trucks are qualifying, the race begins at 10am. The drivers are averaging 70+ mph over the 20 mile qualifying course. Insanely fast!

boardsurfer

Anyone watching the trophy trucks tear it up right now? These guys are absolutely HAULING across the desert. Totally normal I suppose, but I've never really watched them before.

Nataqua

Oh how I'd love to be there! My friend is executive admin of the Off Road Hall Of fame, she goes to everything, paid! I watched the Ultra 4 Championship with her here, damn that was fun. My son raced in King Of The Motos two years, it was discontinued this year. I wanna do the Rebelle Rally, maybe 2020...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Wish I was there. It’s been great watching the EMC yesterday, trophy today, and the 4400s tomorrow. Needless to say, it’s going to be a low productivity week.

Top Bottom