Tent trailer size? & Build thread

CalSgt

Hooked
No more rona? And you didn’t die? You are defying the odds. Lol

That cake pan is a genius idea for the switch panel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks... & nope no Rona & cleared to go out in the world

benatc1
Trailer is looking awesome!

Brute
ya it is...

jdofmemi

That's some sweet looking wiring.
Especially the part Overlander called, the cake pan👍

Thanks everyone...

Now I need to get an appointment with CHP for a VIN number since DMV won't do any actual work. Holding off on installing the tent until after CHP does their thing, wasn't sure if they would make me tag it as an RV or some crazy shit like that. I'm really hoping to license it with permanent trailer plates.

JPast

Now I need to get an appointment with CHP for a VIN number since DMV won't do any actual work. Holding off on installing the tent until after CHP does their thing, wasn't sure if they would make me tag it as an RV or some crazy shit like that. I'm really hoping to license it with permanent trailer plates.

This has been a giant pain in the ass for me, still don’t actually have plates on it because every time I go to the DMV with the paperwork they gave me the last time, they say it’s not what they need and have to do something different. Luckily for me at least South Carolina doesn’t require plates for trailers and I can take it to surrounding states without plates. I do need to figure it out if I ever plan to go out west though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks... & nope no Rona & cleared to go out in the world

Thanks everyone...

Let me know if you get this taken care of. When I talked to the DMV they basically told me nothing can be done until they start accepting appointments again. The CHP doesn’t issue VIN’s.

CalSgt

Hooked
I finally got my VIN number from the CHP! The guys that inspected it were actually pretty cool about the whole thing, one of them is a Unimog guy & was really interested in my build.

Here it is with the tent installed

IMG_4346.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

Im defiantly going to need to build a pull out slide for the fridge, I can barely get into it inside the trailer.

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

DMV was decent to deal with also, all I needed was VIN paperwork from CHP, statement of construction, application for registration, and an application for title. 20 minutes and $93 later i was out of there with a set of PTI plates.

IMG_4388.jpg

Heres the maiden voyage, not the most picturesque location but we camped at a snowmobile staging area for deer camp. Hauled it up there with the truck because I really didn't want to put a bloody deer carcass in my jeep.

IMG_4359.jpg

FFPulley77

Hooked
I finally got my VIN number from the CHP! The guys that inspected it were actually pretty cool about the whole thing, one of them is a Unimog guy & was really interested in my build.

Here it is with the tent installed

View attachment 352141

View attachment 352142

Im defiantly going to need to build a pull out slide for the fridge, I can barely get into it inside the trailer.

View attachment 352143

View attachment 352144

DMV was decent to deal with also, all I needed was VIN paperwork from CHP, statement of construction, application for registration, and an application for title. 20 minutes and $93 later i was out of there with a set of PTI plates.

View attachment 352145

Heres the maiden voyage, not the most picturesque location but we camped at a snowmobile staging area for deer camp. Hauled it up there with the truck because I really didn't want to put a bloody deer carcass in my jeep.

View attachment 352146

That’s badass!! Congrats!

CalSgt

Hooked
I cut the crank handles off of the stabilizer jacks & welded nuts on them so I can use a 1/4" impact to run them up and down, it made the jack bodies a lot more low profile. I also welded a shitty old socket on one of the handles for a manual option.

IMG_4272.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

Top Bottom