2WD 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK) Lift Options

jesse3638

Hooked
A coworker was asking me about lifts for his 2wd 2005 Jeep grand Cherokee. He has a used set of wheel and tires (33's) he picked up for cheap. He was wondering what he would need to get him lifted to run them. The research I've done has lead me to see lifts are pretty limited. Mostly spacer (2") or 2" coil lifts. These seem to get you enough lift to run 31's. There are some 4" kits, which I think he will need to clear the 33's but again are pretty limited and seem to be only available for the 4x4 version. Anyone with experience on this platform please feel free to give me any information you may have. Thanks in advance.

longarmwj

The lifts for 2x4 and 4x4 SHOULD be the same. Jeepin By Al makes what I’d consider the best lifts for IFS jeeps. I had their lift on my old liberty years and years and years ago and it rode and performed amazingly.

Superlift makes some WK lifts as well. 33s can work on 2 inches of lift, but it isn’t recommended. If he won’t be taking it offroad, truthfully I’d look into a cheap spacer lift with some good shocks for the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
The lifts for 2x4 and 4x4 SHOULD be the same. Jeepin By Al makes what I’d consider the best lifts for IFS jeeps. I had their lift on my old liberty years and years and years ago and it rode and performed amazingly.

Superlift makes some WK lifts as well. 33s can work on 2 inches of lift, but it isn’t recommended. If he won’t be taking it offroad, truthfully I’d look into a cheap spacer lift with some good shocks for the rear.

He uses it for camping and dirt roads thats about it.

longarmwj

He uses it for camping and dirt roads thats about it.

Spacer lift and good shocks will be perfectly fine then. I think there are a couple of 3-3.5 inch spacer lift floating around out there. Can’t name by who though. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve researched anything for an IFS Jeep. But 3-3.5 will fit 33s just fine, with minimal trimming.

My other question would be which motor does he have? 3.7, 4.7, or 5.7? If he has the 3.7 he isn’t gonna like life with 33s and 210 horsepower. He might want to look into a set of 4.10s. Nitro gear and axle are the only people (I’m aware of at least) that offer gear sets for those

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Spacer lift and good shocks will be perfectly fine then. I think there are a couple of 3-3.5 inch spacer lift floating around out there. Can’t name by who though. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve researched anything for an IFS Jeep. But 3-3.5 will fit 33s just fine, with minimal trimming.

My other question would be which motor does he have? 3.7, 4.7, or 5.7? If he has the 3.7 he isn’t gonna like life with 33s and 210 horsepower. He might want to look into a set of 4.10s. Nitro gear and axle are the only people (I’m aware of at least) that offer gear sets for those

Thanks for the info. I'll pass that along to him. I was thinking for what he does 31's would be plenty. Especially it being 2wd.

longarmwj

Thanks for the info. I'll pass that along to him. I was thinking for what he does 31's would be plenty. Especially it being 2wd.

Probably. My liberty was 2 wheel drive and had the JBA 4 inch and 265s on it, along with a 4.10 rear gear set, and it did way more then it should have been able to do.
IMG_3659.jpg

Top Bottom