What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Jimmypaget

Costco 7.62, .50, and Quadratec 40mm...

Ammo_can_comparison_zps2u1n92lz.jpg

40mm can with recovery strap, shackles, damper, compact shovel, chem lights, gloves, and room to spare.

40mmRecovery_zpszqqwgd8x.jpg

Nice. I'll have to see what I can cram into my ammo can. Ive got all that same stuff too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome! How does it compare to the corded? I couldn't live without a Dremel; I didn't even know they made a cordless...

Late reply, but cordless dremel works great so far for small stuff. So far I've really only used it for tight areas prepping for welds. It seems just as powerful to me.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I bought two of the Costco combo sets with the 7.62mm and a .50 cal ammo cans. Quality can be subjective but I think they're great (brand new, good seals, etc.), especially for the price. A couple of the 40mm cans from Quadratec are on the way to complete the set of calibers. :yup:

I'll figure out what to put in them later.

I just purchased 2 of them today at my local Costco they were only $15. They seem to be really good quality.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Late reply, but cordless dremel works great so far for small stuff. So far I've really only used it for tight areas prepping for welds. It seems just as powerful to me.

Late-re-reply: Cool, Good to know! :thumb: Time to watch for a sale :D

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I have smittybilt bags filled with flatheads, sockets, allens, wrenches, extra bolts I've remove from replacing parts and wiring.

Rear under storage has pry bar, mallet, 5 pound hammer, torque wrench, tie downs, jumper cables, speed sensors, and u joints.

Have an ammo can filled with tire repair kit, Arb air hose, locker replacement hose, Arb digital gauge, tire deflator.

Keep a jack stand in the jeep at all times, currently have one bottle of diff fluid (need more), gal of water for over heating, trash bags, rags, gojo on the go hand wipes. Tow strap under seat. Hatchet strapped on rear roll cage. Fire extinguisher.
Have two Milwaukee drill/impact and sawzall and one rigid drill.

IMG_2872.jpg

AF5ABC23-548C-4B19-BDF7-D57CCB9071C0.jpg

Image1500681668.087726.jpg

JeepFan

Hooked
Any cool new tools, Tony?
Nothing new at the moment. Thinking about getting a Milwaukee 1/2 impact. 😎

I have smittybilt bags filled with flatheads, sockets, allens, wrenches, extra bolts I've remove from replacing parts and wiring.

Rear under storage has pry bar, mallet, 5 pound hammer, torque wrench, tie downs, jumper cables, speed sensors, and u joints.

Have an ammo can filled with tire repair kit, Arb air hose, locker replacement hose, Arb digital gauge, tire deflator.

Keep a jack stand in the jeep at all times, currently have one bottle of diff fluid (need more), gal of water for over heating, trash bags, rags, gojo on the go hand wipes. Tow strap under seat. Hatchet strapped on rear roll cage. Fire extinguisher.
Have two Milwaukee drill/impact and sawzall and one rigid drill.

View attachment 269153

View attachment 269154

View attachment 269155

Nice kit, you're definitely prepared! [emoji106]

BobNH

I have to agree. We bought one for our son and it works great and the battery life is very good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

All of mine goes in either the ARB Drawer, the orange ARB recovery bag or in the glove box shock tuning kit.

View attachment 221348

Glove box tools (winch controller goes in center console)

View attachment 221349

Recovery bag gear.

View attachment 221350

ARB main drawer.

View attachment 221351

2x Mastercraft bags with small spare parts.

View attachment 221352

Some of the hand tools.

View attachment 221353

Milwaukee 18v tools.

View attachment 221354

ARB Drawer has two side compartments meant to open up from rear but it doesn't work well in practice. Instead I drop the back seats to access from the front. Mastercraft canvas bags fit vertically in the space.

View attachment 221355

In each side tunnel fits a gallon of coolant and a Mastercraft bag with 6 quarts standing vertically nicely.

View attachment 221356

And all together.

View attachment 221357

Holy shit. This is what to strive for right here. Well done!

aTX427

Great thread. I typically carry the basic tools I used when I installed the lift, along with pipe wrenches and Crescent wrenches, wire, giant zip ties, pieces of rubber, test light, scan tool, 18v angle grinder, my Fuel 3/4" impact, various size ratchet straps, recovery gear, basic fluids and an oil diaper. Mostly what I need to get back to camp. If I'm in a location where I can buy tools, I carry less. If I am more remote, I bring more and adjust for duration of the trip.

Last edited:

aTX427

Irish JK, I had a Tuffy drawer in my TJ, which worked great for carrying my gear until I flopped and couldn't open my tailgate. Sold it the next day. Now the most important items are are strapped down behind my seat for easy access.

Jimmypaget

I’ve got two hard cases of tools in the back cargo area, I’ve been told it’s too much several times. One big bag with miscellaneous tools, jumper cables, and a battery box, plus a couple packs of survival gear. Now the thing is, I don’t have a garage and much room to keep the excess gear, should I remove some and declutter the jeep, resulting in cluttering my apartment or keep the apartment neat and keep the jeep cluttered?

Top Bottom