Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Brute

Hooked
We pulled up onto the bank to eat lunch when I saw this skeleton of a horse...we got back into the raft and went further downstream

Attachments

• IMG_4082.jpg
    IMG_4082.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 83

Brute

Hooked
Now that that’s out of the way, what wine did you drink? [emoji6][emoji485]

Oh, and happy birthday Ed!

The majority of wines were Malbec...of course. However, we also had excellent Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo, Pinot's...even a very nice dry Sauvignon Blanc...

jesse3638

Hooked
Happy Birthday and thanks for taking the time to share the pics. Living vicariously through you is saving me a lot of money...haha. Hopefully once the kids are out of the house we'll have a retirement conducive to traveling to even a fraction of the places you've shared.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Well that looks like an amazing trip Ed. Thanks for sharing. My wife and I are planning a trip to either Chile or Argentina in July. I know it's their wintertime but July 2nd will be the solar eclipse and totality is from La Serena,Chile to Buenos Aires. Trying to figure out where to go now. It's one coast or the other. May have some questions for the expert! 👍🏿

I think if I had a choice between La Serena or Buenos Aires, I would choose La Serena...even though I've never been there. Although I only spent three nights and four days in Buenos Aires, that was more than enough...it is a huge city, and is undergoing serious construction; I'm so glad we arranged for a local company to provide drivers and domestic airline accommodations as the streets are all screwed up and blocked off.

The economy is in rough shape as well, there were constant protests going on in the streets (I was told this, but never saw it) due to rampant inflation...and the Argentine peso is very weak against the dollar (good for us) but fluctuated wildly even while we were there...the first thing we were told when we walked into our hotel was to take off our watches and jewelry and lock them in the room safe...put a few pesos and one credit card in your front pocket and leave your wallet in the safe as well...

El Toro

Amazing pictures Ed. Glad you had such a great birthday. As someone said a few posts ago, living vicariously through you saves me a lot of money! 😎

dillard09

I think if I had a choice between La Serena or Buenos Aires, I would choose La Serena...even though I've never been there. Although I only spent three nights and four days in Buenos Aires, that was more than enough...it is a huge city, and is undergoing serious construction; I'm so glad we arranged for a local company to provide drivers and domestic airline accommodations as the streets are all screwed up and blocked off.

The economy is in rough shape as well, there were constant protests going on in the streets (I was told this, but never saw it) due to rampant inflation...and the Argentine peso is very weak against the dollar (good for us) but fluctuated wildly even while we were there...the first thing we were told when we walked into our hotel was to take off our watches and jewelry and lock them in the room safe...put a few pesos and one credit card in your front pocket and leave your wallet in the safe as well...

Wow! Great to know. My wife is leaning towards La Serena as well but could be down for some travel at some point. My wife is a beach girl so as long as there is a beach she's down. Haha.
I would even be down for some fishing like you did. I use to do a ton of fishing in North Texas. I have a couple of 10# largemouths under my belt and love me any kind of pan fish like perch or crappie. But when we moved to LA that kinda faded and the wheeling picked up. Seeing your fishing trips has made me want to break out the rod and reel. Thanks!
So would you think a trip into BA would be good idea or would you recommend spending our time elsewhere?
I really cant wait for the food!
Thanks Ed! 👍🏿

Brute

Hooked
Wow! Great to know. My wife is leaning towards La Serena as well but could be down for some travel at some point. My wife is a beach girl so as long as there is a beach she's down. Haha.
I would even be down for some fishing like you did. I use to do a ton of fishing in North Texas. I have a couple of 10# largemouths under my belt and love me any kind of pan fish like perch or crappie. But when we moved to LA that kinda faded and the wheeling picked up. Seeing your fishing trips has made me want to break out the rod and reel. Thanks!
So would you think a trip into BA would be good idea or would you recommend spending our time elsewhere?
I really cant wait for the food!
Thanks Ed! 👍🏿

Bypass BA altogether if you can...you'll probably have to fly into Santiago, Chile in order to get to La Serena...and trout fishing is also off the charts in Chile (also on my bucket list in the next 3 years)...but most likely fly fishing only...however, if you want to visit Argentina, try a flt to Mendoza, someplace I wished we would have gone...it is the Napa of Argentina, in the heart of their wine country. It's west of BA in the foothills of the Andes, just north of Patagonia. Chile might have some good opportunities for salt water fishing as well, I'd check into that if I were you.

I'm trying to see how feasible it would be to ship a couple jeeps to southern Chile and retrace the Dakar Rally race course north into Columbia...are you hearing me Eddie & Cindy???????????!!!! I'm serious...

Top Bottom