Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Clutch

Caught the Bug

TrailHunter

Hooked
I really like that paint job too Clay... very cool. Makes the room not so boring... and the kid will never grow out of mountains & jeeps. [emoji1417]

TrailHunter

Hooked
Great job! 🤙 its time consuming and tedious but in the end feels good doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You nailed it. Felt great finishing it yesterday. It all makes sense now... the crush sleeve, the backlash, the shims etc... It took us a long time, but I think the next one will go much faster.

If you did yours on the ground I give tons of credit!! No way would I want to do that without a lift.

Nice work. I see a lot of GM diffs with that exact issue. Hopefully from here on, you'll be trouble-free.

Really? Its like the inner race was falling apart but everything else looked fine. We used All new parts, including the Carrier... so it should be good. Crazy thing is it only had 75k on it.

Good work on the diff, though, Kirk. [emoji482]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Thanks [emoji1417]

WJCO

Meme King
Really? Its like the inner race was falling apart but everything else looked fine. We used All new parts, including the Carrier... so it should be good. Crazy thing is it only had 75k on it.

Yep. Seen inner race do that, outer race, and/or the bearing rollers. Very common.

black pearl

Hooked
You nailed it. Felt great finishing it yesterday. It all makes sense now... the crush sleeve, the backlash, the shims etc... It took us a long time, but I think the next one will go much faster.

If you did yours on the ground I give tons of credit!! No way would I want to do that without a lift.

I believe it’s good to know all the inner workings, if your going to play hard.
Yeah doing it without a lift adds a new element to it. The hardest parts with limited space was setting the races and torquing the pinon nut. 🤪

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

jesse3638

Hooked
When I had an in ground pool it used to take about $400 in gas to get it warm for Memorial Day weekend for the kids

When we were looking at houses we were looking for a place with a pool. We ended up moving into a subdivision with a community pool. It's a block up from hour house so not far at all. The HOA fee is high compared to others but I figured I'd spend that or more in monthly maintenance and constant refilling during the summer. Plus it includes a gardener in the front..haha.

trplxj

I spent the holiday weekend pulling the engine and trans out of the tow rig. Trans is on its way to Monster to be built, and the new engine is about ready to go back in.

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

And I decided to role the dice and give the 3/8” drive Earthquake XT battery impact a try. So far so good. We’ll see how it holds up over time.

IMG_2234.jpg

Top Bottom