Exodus Jeeps Gladiator

benatc1

Hooked
Dang bubba, that sucks. As shitty as it is, I'm glad you are able to report real world information, which could happen to any of us. Sorry this is going down like it is, was starting to lean in the direction of these for my build in a few years. Might need to redirect depending on how things play out till that time comes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Dang bubba, that sucks. As shitty as it is, I'm glad you are able to report real world information, which could happen to any of us. Sorry this is going down like it is, was starting to lean in the direction of these for my build in a few years. Might need to redirect depending on how things play out till that time comes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I’ve been reluctant to say anything until I heard back from the warranty department. Like I’ve said before a break can happen on anything, it’s the customer service that matters. In this case it seems the customer service is for lack of a better word, bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Yeah I’ve been reluctant to say anything until I heard back from the warranty department. Like I’ve said before a break can happen on anything, it’s the customer service that matters. In this case it seems the customer service is for lack of a better word, bullshit.

I just find it odd that a u-joint is such a big deal... Or is it the stub shaft that's the problem?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jdofmemi

I still suspect that Dana did a rather large production run of these axles, in order to get the per unit cost down so they are still making a large margin even at the relatively low price.

What was left out of the deal was spare parts, as they figured they would just deny any warranty claims anyway.

Now, because these must be non standard size axles, it has to be done as custom work, with a high price and long lead time. Maybe they thought no one would break these🤯

Hopefully Dynatrac can bail you out.

Now, I wonder how nervous Eddie is?

Exodus 4x4

I still suspect that Dana did a rather large production run of these axles, in order to get the per unit cost down so they are still making a large margin even at the relatively low price.

What was left out of the deal was spare parts, as they figured they would just deny any warranty claims anyway.

Now, because these must be non standard size axles, it has to be done as custom work, with a high price and long lead time. Maybe they thought no one would break these🤯

Hopefully Dynatrac can bail you out.

Now, I wonder how nervous Eddie is?

By the looks of the videos they’ve been hammering on them pretty good and to my knowledge, no failures. That’s a big reason why I’m so suspicious of this break. That u-joint has hardly seen the abuse they’ve been throwing them on the JLX. And the cost of the part is only $265, for the WHOLE shafts assembly. That’s both shafts and the u-joint. They’re not expensive and wouldn’t even be pissed about paying for it. The 93 days thing is fucking crazy sauce though.

Dale72

Hooked
Well if you’re planning on getting a set a Spicer UD60’s for your build, my opinion is to look somewhere else. As beefy as they seem they didn’t seem to hold up long on our first outing. Somehow we managed to break one the massive 1550 u-joints on the front drivers side. No big deal, we’ll just get it warrantied right? Wrong. I contacted Spicer first thing Monday morning and sent the warranty dept pics of the damage. I almost immediately knew they weren’t going to warranty it because the guy said he would look at the pics and determine whether or not the break would be covered under warranty. Fuck it, I’ll just buy the damn things and put them in. Part number says the whole assembly is like $265 for shafts and u-joint. Then said it will take 93 days to build them and get them out.... Yes, you are reading that correctly. 93 days. One more time so you don’t think I’m fat fingering this more than once: 93 days. I’ve always said that products are only as good as what happens after the sale and I’ll be the first to say I’d rather have paid more for Dynatracs at this point. It would’ve taken longer to get them but I guarantee they would’ve taken care of this break and shipped us shafts Monday afternoon. Total fucking disappointment in not just the product but the service I’ve received in the last few days. View attachment 336126 View attachment 336127 View attachment 336128 View attachment 336129 View attachment 336130

Well no UD60's for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

By the looks of the videos they’ve been hammering on them pretty good and to my knowledge, no failures. That’s a big reason why I’m so suspicious of this break. That u-joint has hardly seen the abuse they’ve been throwing them on the JLX. And the cost of the part is only $265, for the WHOLE shafts assembly. That’s both shafts and the u-joint. They’re not expensive and wouldn’t even be pissed about paying for it. The 93 days thing is fucking crazy sauce though.

Unfortunately everything can break, it was obviously a bad u joint, but I agree the customer service is what makes a product great or not

Exodus 4x4

Buy a whole new axle, swipe the $300 part you need and return the rest for refund sans $300.

Someone else suggested that but with my luck, the second axle would end up getting damaged so fucking bad in the shop somehow that I’d end up having to keep it.

A more immediate solution has developed today anyways. Once everything is worked out I’ll explain in more detail but for now I’ll leave it at that.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You might be right to go back to the source which is a third party vendor I assume and all they can do is to go back to Dana so why not to just bypass it ?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s not uncommon at all (at least for every day customers) to have to deal directly with the vendor from whom they bought the product.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You might be right to go back to the source which is a third party vendor I assume and all they can do is to go back to Dana so why not to just bypass it ?

If I have an issue with a product I usually go to the source of who I bought it from. It’s the reason I bought it from them and not direct. If you have an issue with you’re Jeep (not you since you don’t have one lol) do you go to the dealer or do you go direct to Jeep?

If he can’t buy them cause he’s not big enough I would also go to the source of purchase and have them help.

I also get why a u joint isn’t covered. Sucks it happened, I do know that.

Andy5160

Hooked
If I have an issue with a product I usually go to the source of who I bought it from. It’s the reason I bought it from them and not direct. If you have an issue with you’re Jeep (not you since you don’t have one lol) do you go to the dealer or do you go direct to Jeep?

If he can’t buy them cause he’s not big enough I would also go to the source of purchase and have them help.

I also get why a u joint isn’t covered. Sucks it happened, I do know that.

I get your point and I am
In fact agree with you. I learned over the years that sometimes it pays off to go over and straight to the source.
Oh and thank you for rubbing my nose into not having my JEEP yet it was a nice dick move just how it should be

Top Bottom