Jeep not start... Then start?

seanb123

I'm pretty sure I've read about this before but couldn't find the thread. Recently I get into my jeep turn the key all the lights flash then nothing. Then I turn the key back and it starts like nothing's wrong

Moochie

I had a similar issue and it ended up being a loose wire connection on the starter solenoid.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm pretty sure I've read about this before but couldn't find the thread. Recently I get into my jeep turn the key all the lights flash then nothing. Then I turn the key back and it starts like nothing's wrong

I had a similar issue and it ended up being a loose wire connection on the starter solenoid.

just recently had the same issue in my boat lol it was loose wires and the spark plug wire from the started to the distributer cap was loose as well

jeeeep

Hooked
x2 solenoid - had corrosion on the ground wire, replaced the ground and all good.

Also check loose or corrosion on your battery posts and cables.

JeepJKpwr

Mine doesn't want to start once in a while. I have to push the shift lever up to get it to start. Forgot what the parts called but it's some kind of safety mechanism inside the shifter.

UtahJK

Mine doesn't want to start once in a while. I have to push the shift lever up to get it to start. Forgot what the parts called but it's some kind of safety mechanism inside the shifter.

Neutral safety switch, maybe? The cherokees that I've had in the past have had the same problem, they just needed to be cleaned out.

Moochie

It's called the transmission range sensor.

Moochie

I seriously thought this sensor was the cause of my problem, it wasn't. It's not easy to get to. It is behind the valve body in the transmission. The valve body would have to be removed to access the sensor.
I found the solenoid fix before any transmission surgery was done.

Top Bottom