The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug
So I did the diff fluid change at 410 miles right before heading to SMORR. Did cover-off on both and everything looked good. IMG_20180831_152734.jpg
IMG_20180831_155859.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I need some advice; I noticed at SMORR that my turning radius seemed like it might be a little less going to the left verses the right. I looked at the front end a little closer this afternoon and saw this:
IMG_20180905_161551.jpg
You can see where the drag link is hitting the stabilizer. It hits about 3/4 of an inch before the knuckle hits the stop. Even if I remove the stabilizer (which I don't really want to do) I think it'll still hit the bracket.

Should I do a drag link flip on only 3" of lift? Or just get a drag link with more bend in it? Any other suggestions?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Maybe you could get more clearance by using a shock extension to move the stabilizer over a few inches.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Maybe you could get more clearance by using a shock extension to move the stabilizer over a few inches.
I looked at it from underneath and it's definitely hitting the bracket:
IMG_20180905_164613.jpg
So moving the stabilizer won't help.

Thanks for the suggestion!

fiend

Caught the Bug
I looked at it from underneath and it's definitely hitting the bracket:

So moving the stabilizer won't help.

Thanks for the suggestion!

In that case, I would suggest a drag link flip and raised track bar bracket.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have an older model Synergy drag link that can’t be flipped, at least not that I’m aware of. Anyway, it’s worked well for me for 5+ years. It does “flop” though, which some people find bothersome, although it doesn’t seem to affect the performance.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I just ordered the Synergy. Even though the Crown might do the job just fine, I like the Synergy better and it'll replace both ends (which are 10 years old). For $270 I think it'll be worth it.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Drag link flip is in.
IMG_20180910_204305.jpg
Had some help from my 1 year old boy too :)
IMG_20180910_171524.jpg
IMG_20180910_180734.jpg
IMG_20180902_183654.jpg
Poor kid will never be able to save money with that enthusiasm LOL

Top Bottom