Hinrichs 3.0......Autumn the XJ

catahoula

Caught the Bug
LOL!!!!!! Love the light! Yo Dawg, on the Facebook XJ page someone is selling never installed frame stiffeners.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So this is what’s left of the bolt I need to get out. Part of me wants to get a new bracket, but the 12 spot welds make me not want to cut this out. I might cut and bend the bracket and weld it back together but not sure yet. Just a shitty spot that I can’t weld a nut to.

57136669255__392BB2F7-B1EE-4BB2-89C7-DC4C98EFA209.JPG
57136657600__4DE6EF4B-FEC6-46F9-9470-7EEAA8188F6D.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Could you weld a small bolt to it, like 8mm, then get a socket on that to try and thread it out that way?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well that sucks! Have you tried drilling it out with a right hand bit?

Not yet, I have might try that tonight.

Could you weld a small bolt to it, like 8mm, then get a socket on that to try and thread it out that way?

I have been trying to weld a nut or bolt to it, but I cant seem to get the right angle to get good enough penetration. Whatever I half stick on ends up breaking right off.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I've seen those right out drill bits at Lowe's.

I might try to get one today after work. I got it to move a little bit last night, but I didnt have my torch to heat up the back side. I am going to try and weld another bolt on tonight and torch the shit out of the nut/bolt and hopefully I can get it out without drilling.

Top Bottom