Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

Grubbicon

So how's the bouncer been ?

Out in the Boonies

Bouncer been good have gotten lot more comfortable in it. New years I cut a tire on the rear and bent one of the wheels on the front. Tires out getting vulcanized right now and the front tire beaded back and is holding so i think im just gonna run it. Im sure it will burp air but if it isnt bad ill let it ride for now. I also need to pull the radiator out and have it fixed noticed it leaking pretty bad and about tired of putting water back in it.
IMG_3095.jpg IMG_3101.jpg IMG_3125.jpg IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3113.jpg IMG_3188.jpg

Rb1boxer_3

Bouncer been good have gotten lot more comfortable in it. New years I cut a tire on the rear and bent one of the wheels on the front. Tires out getting vulcanized right now and the front tire beaded back and is holding so i think im just gonna run it. Im sure it will burp air but if it isnt bad ill let it ride for now. I also need to pull the radiator out and have it fixed noticed it leaking pretty bad and about tired of putting water back in it.
View attachment 240415 View attachment 240416 View attachment 240417 View attachment 240418 View attachment 240419 View attachment 240420
Bummer on the tire and wheel but looks awesome. Good photos I can smell the exhaust and rubber .

Out in the Boonies

Grubbicon

Buddy of min decided to rebuild is XJ and was selling the 4 14" 2.0 FOA coilovers with resis and with the price and only 5 rides on them I couldnt pass it up. So plan is to put 2 of them on the front if the juggy to replace the old worn out coils and shocks. Not quite sure if im gonna sell the other 2 or keep them as spares for now but all are 200/250 so gonna try that at first and see how I like it before i go changing stuff.
IMG_3322.jpg IMG_3321.JPG

Grubbicon

Little fun in the bouncer today and managed to break 14bolt shaft minutes off the trailer. Thankfully my buddy had one swapped it out and rode the rest of the day.
IMG_3333.jpg IMG_3334.jpg
IMG_3338.jpg IMG_3343.jpg IMG_3347.jpg IMG_3345.jpg

Last edited:

Rb1boxer_3

I also ordered my ORIs tonight. I got them from Filthy Motorsports and they say they have stand sizes in stock so hopefully they wont take too long to get. I got 12" for the front and 14" for the rear. They are all anodized black and I also got the standard resis in hopes they will hold up in faster stuff longer before they get funky all though I dont think ill ever have that problem in this side of the country.
I'm looking at buying some ori for my jeep now. I'm wondering are the 14s too long to go in the front too. How was it with the 12s in the front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grubbicon

I'm looking at buying some ori for my jeep now. I'm wondering are the 14s too long to go in the front too. How was it with the 12s in the front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Personally being 3linked thats the most id do. With the axle swing it barely cleared the frame with them mounted right. Everytime ive seen 14s on front with a track bar they have always been mounted too far out on top.

jkugeza

1 tons

Im almost done with my 1 ton swap. Y0 front 10.5 rear......your op has over 100 seperate pages, i got to page 55. Ill continue in the morning. Real good write up so far.

Grubbicon

Well guys looks I got a new jeep on the way.
IMG_7573.jpg

Anyone interested any JL parts? Going to have all stock drivetrain to sell.

Grubbicon

Cant wait to see your build on a JL, are you still getting rid of the bouncer?

Thats the plan. Had a dude came looked at it and was supposed come back with trailer and money the next day but apparently he is having second thoughts. So will see what happens. Have a guy in Missouri thinking about coming to get it he can get rid of his jeep before its gone.

Grubbicon

Going straight to tons or gonna do a gradual build?

Wellll funny story... i almost bought my old JK back but decided to start fresh. Its going straight to shop. Already have a 5.3 with cam and heads, turbo 400 about to order atlas for it. I have kingpin60 front and a 14bolt for the rear and a bunch of the parts that go with those. Have a set of 14” ORIs for the front and about a week ago i ordered a set of 16s just waiting the long ORI wait time to get them. Plan is to do it all while its all nice and clean and not beat up and hidden dirt everywhere.

Top Bottom