Rear Coil Correction Wedges....Do I need Retainers?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Nobody has sold me a thing I didnt ask for. I havent ordered crap from Northridge. Just because I dont order everything from Exodus dont put me on the cross to crucify. I tried to order some things from him but it was 2 or 3 days before I ever got a reply from him, maybe he was busy, I dont know. I dont know the man and he doesnt owe me anything. I called up Marcus on his cell phone and he sent me an invoice inside of 30 minutes.

Ive heard of people busting balls for ordering certain parts but you wana take it to a whole new level and criticize my vendors? I mean I didnt even order Teraflex and alot of it was Evo products, which is totally in line with the WaL agenda! Like I said, send me that credit card info. Now back to regularly scheduled programming if you will.

IMG_3483.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glen1978

Its pretty evident if you actually read the posts here. How could I make this stuff up? I love this site as its mostly guys that actually use there Jeeps and have a half ass clue of what they are talking about. I cant do most of the sites because they are a bunch of posers that cant wheel or wrench. I wrench for a living and been wheeling for 30 years.

A.J.

Its pretty evident if you actually read the posts here. How could I make this stuff up? I love this site as its mostly guys that actually use there Jeeps and have a half ass clue of what they are talking about. I cant do most of the sites because they are a bunch of posers that cant wheel or wrench. I wrench for a living and been wheeling for 30 years.

Don’t waste your time getting caught up in the argument. Brand steering happens. Everywhere. Generally the correction wedges are unnecessary. More aesthetic than anything. A little spring bow is no big deal unless they are contacting a bracket or you have lengthened the control arms too much.

Glen1978

No worries man. I can ball bust just as good as the next guy. Im paying the payment on my Jeep, nobody else. Just remember when I built my 2015 JKUR and some of things I didnt like and trying not to go back down that road. RIP to that Jeep it was totaled with dealer plates on it thanks to some crack whore in OKC....lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Funny, I missed the part where I said anything that was "agenda" driven let alone, so "evident". But hey, being that I'm the owner of this site, I clearly must be making this up.

Exodus 4x4

Just because I dont order everything from Exodus dont put me on the cross to crucify. I tried to order some things from him but it was 2 or 3 days before I ever got a reply from him, maybe he was busy, I dont know.

Sorry I didn’t respond to you faster. Most people that try and contact me through the forum will find that I don’t always get back right away because email just isn’t something I check throughout the day. I’m usually working on a Jeep, in my shop, which is something most vendors can’t say because all they do is sell parts. If you ever feel like picking up the phone and calling the number on the website though I can assure you I will answer or return your phone call within minutes. To be honest I would’ve talked you out of buying the wedges and instead, explained that the bow in the springs is normal and nothing to worry about.

Glen1978

Sorry I didn’t respond to you faster. Most people that try and contact me through the forum will find that I don’t always get back right away because email just isn’t something I check throughout the day. I’m usually working on a Jeep, in my shop, which is something most vendors can’t say because all they do is sell parts. If you ever feel like picking up the phone and calling the number on the website though I can assure you I will answer or return your phone call within minutes. To be honest I would’ve talked you out of buying the wedges and instead, explained that the bow in the springs is normal and nothing to worry about.

Thanks man! No worries whatsoever!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Not sure why people care one way or the other about the wedges. It’s a 25 buck part. If the spring bow bothers you, get the wedges. They’re not going to hurt anything. If it doesn’t, forego them. Your original concern was springs falling out or getting dislodged. As others have said, getting the correct shocks will address that issue. Presence or absence of spring wedges have little or nothing to do with it.

Glen1978

Funny, I missed the part where I said anything that was "agenda" driven let alone, so "evident". But hey, being that I'm the owner of this site, I clearly must be making this up.

Take a look at your recommended items pages. But your the owner so do what you want.

You could have just led with that and it would have told us all we need to know about you.

I ask for some questions / advice and you want to badmouth my vendors because they arent up to your standards or whatever you want to call it. Still waiting on that CC number by the way.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Take a look at your recommended items pages. But your the owner so do what you want.

I ask for some questions / advice and you want to badmouth my vendors because they arent up to your standards or whatever you want to call it. Still waiting on that CC number by the way.

You’re fairly new here so I wouldn’t expect you to know fully what’s happened in the past on here with your chosen venders. Shady practices, disrespect to the forum, and their “agenda” play a huge part in how many of us feel about them. Don’t take it to heart until your willing to educate yourself on the past. It’s all within the different threads here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Funny, I missed the part where I ever told you to look at my recommended items pages. Last I checked, all I ever did here was answer your questions. But hey, you seem to have all the answers so I'll let you go on believing whatever it is you want to believe.

rubiDave

You got answers and advice. You were not too receptive to it, but that's your prerogative. Then you try to shift blame to a vendor for recommending a certain part, and get indignant because people here chime in that that vendor sucks.
Then you disclose you just bought the first vendor's parts list from a second vendor. That vendor could have steered you in right direction when you placed your first order, or maybe they did and you didn't listen.
Hope whatever you end up with works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glen1978

No vendor recommended anything. I ask for everything I purchased. I only bought from Marcus at RCO. I sent him a list of parts, he sent an invoice, and I paid the man. What parts did I buy second hand off anothers list? Guess I dont follow. But whatever. Im wrapping it up here. Advice turned into bulldogging my vendor that apparently you guys think is Northridge and I never bought a thing from them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well I ordered the Rancho 9000 shocks recommended in the Evo 3" kit on Northridge. My lift is a frankenstien with Evo 3" coils, Core 4x4 front LCA and rear UCA, RK sway bar links F/R, stock track bars in Synergy front mount and Artec rear mount.

I have the 330 shocks in the rear with factory perches as that is what Northride / Evo package recommended back there.

No vendor recommended anything. I ask for everything I purchased. I only bought from Marcus at RCO. I sent him a list of parts, he sent an invoice, and I paid the man. What parts did I buy second hand off anothers list? Guess I dont follow. But whatever. Im wrapping it up here. Advice turned into bulldogging my vendor that apparently you guys think is Northridge and I never bought a thing from them.

Top Bottom