Ball joints

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Asking members that have lifted their WJ or ZJ. Did you stay with the stock upper and lower ball joints? If you did replace did you just go with the better grade or an adjustable set? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using WAYALIFE mobile app

J&k_Overland

I replaced them with moog ball joints seemed to help stiffen up the feel of the front end can’t tell you how well they hold up since my WJ is a trailer queen.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I replaced them with moog ball joints seemed to help stiffen up the feel of the front end can’t tell you how well they hold up since my WJ is a trailer queen.

My ball joints were tight and did not see any movement. I did not go up a significant tire size. If I install factory style I know they might not last as long. Wondered if the adjustable would even be worth the cost due to having to rebuild them down the road.

J&k_Overland

I was chasing death wobble and just replaced everything. Two trips to Moab one to CO although one trip to Moab was cut short due to the transfer case breaking and they are still super tight.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I was chasing death wobble and just replaced everything. Two trips to Moab one to CO although one trip to Moab was cut short due to the transfer case breaking and they are still super tight.

Yup me too! Replaced both front hubs and will be doing all tie rods. I wanted to replace upper arms at later date but might be sooner.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom