WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice job developing the ACM! The craftsmanship and fitment look to be spot on. [emoji482]

Thank you. You should see how many brackets I have where I got it totally wrong :crazyeyes:

Nice job. Really like how that is out of the way. Great instructions also.

Thank you. It was a challenge for sure but a lot of fun to make :)

Great right up. Having those switches built in as a huge plus!

Honestly, I don't know why Jeep hadn't had them sooner. :crazyeyes:

Just when I was about to give up hope and cabin mount it.

:cheesy: Well, if you do end up getting one, I'm glad that I could be of help :)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
How waterproof are these?besides water getting in the vent. I have my liners off and now would be a good time to look into this. I honestly don't think I'd ever have my jeep in water that deep. But just the usual splash is fine?

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How waterproof are these?besides water getting in the vent. I have my liners off and now would be a good time to look into this.

The ARB compressor is actually pretty water proof but you would need to keep water from getting into the intake. If you look at the compressor in my pics, you will see a disk like thing - that is the filter for the intake. ARB sells a kit that will allow you to remote locate the filter so you could put it up higher - maybe close to the hood. That would make it very water proof. :cool:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The ARB compressor is actually pretty water proof but you would need to keep water from getting into the intake. If you look at the compressor in my pics, you will see a disk like thing - that is the filter for the intake. ARB sells a kit that will allow you to remote locate the filter so you could put it up higher - maybe close to the hood. That would make it very water proof. :cool:
Yeah, I used to have that kit on my jk for the diffs. There's actually an extra port for a 3rd intake. I was thinking I could run this also with the diff breather.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Xlr8r

Just woke up to your email about this mount. Is this really sold out already!?

Say it isn't so!

I just got my JL Prorock 44 installed, front and rear ARB lockers and I have a less than ideal compressor mounting situation!

Oh and this is also my first post so hello from Vancouver BC

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I used to have that kit on my jk for the diffs. There's actually an extra port for a 3rd intake. I was thinking I could run this also with the diff breather.

Yup, I think that would be a good idea :yup:

No Problems, Just Solutions... Nice Job Eddie! I knew you would figure it out.

LOL - thank you :)

very nice :thumb:

I think an ARB is finally in order to free up real estate!

Awesome :thumb:

Just woke up to your email about this mount. Is this really sold out already!?

Say it isn't so!

I just got my JL Prorock 44 installed, front and rear ARB lockers and I have a less than ideal compressor mounting situation!

Oh and this is also my first post so hello from Vancouver BC

LOL - Welcome to WAYALIFE and congrats to you on your new ProRock 44!

They are not actually available for sale yet. I am out of town right now and not sure when I'll be back and so I don't want to list them until I can ship them. Maybe middle to late next week :)

lembowski

Exactly what I was waiting for to use my single HO compressor. Didn’t want to splurge on the Twin since my single runs great still.

Gonna run the remote air chuck up to the front OEM steel bumper on the passenger side there is a hole from the factory that would work perfectly.

Will order as soon as it is available!

ImpactDoc

Take my money! I can’t wait til they are in stock. Out of curiosity how long of air hose did you use to mount the remote location air chuck? Any links to the parts? I was just going to harbor freight it but wanted to see if you had a suggestion for a durable weather heat resistant hose to run from the compressor to that remote location.

Thank you again for helping us all out!

Last edited:

Bigjimbo

Cool use of space. The engine bay bracket for the JK used to get really hot.. Any ideas of how hot it'll get next to the manifold?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked at mounting a twin at your location ?

I haven't being that the cost a lot of money and I didn't really want to buy one just to find out I couldn't make it work. That being said, I may still look into doing something if I think it can be done. I just need to be home a little more :crazyeyes:

Exactly what I was waiting for to use my single HO compressor. Didn’t want to splurge on the Twin since my single runs great still.

Gonna run the remote air chuck up to the front OEM steel bumper on the passenger side there is a hole from the factory that would work perfectly.

Will order as soon as it is available!

Hoping to have everything ready to ship as soon as this Friday :yup:

Take my money! I can’t wait til they are in stock. Out of curiosity how long of air hose did you use to mount the remote location air chuck? Any links to the parts? I was just going to harbor freight it but wanted to see if you had a suggestion for a durable weather heat resistant hose to run from the compressor to that remote location.

Thank you again for helping us all out!

I used a 1M hose and it was just long enough.

Cool use of space. The engine bay bracket for the JK used to get really hot.. Any ideas of how hot it'll get next to the manifold?

It gets warm but so far, I have not found it to be a problem. Granted, I ran one on my JK as well and never found it to be an issue either.

Top Bottom