Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Agree with all of these. Last weekend my 2 hour pinion seal turned into an all day ordeal with a trip to the auto parts store and dealer..haha

No kidding! I went to do a simple coil and shock install (a couple hours) on the WJ and it ended up being 2 1/2 weeks!! Stupid rust.

TrailHunter

Hooked
There's visibly no paint behind my jeep door hinges. No worries, attention to detail is way over rated... besides I don't need to sleep at night anyway. [emoji849]

sipafz

Caught the Bug
You Philly haters gotta stop (grew up in Langhorne, just north). We gave you Tastykakes, which includes BUTTERSCOTCH KRIMPETS! So, you're welcome. ;) Only Racine Wisconsin gets a pass, they make kringles. OMFG.
Oh, I guess PA gave you all scrapple too, so....yeah.
Lunch, gonna grab a hoagie....

Kringles are awesome and Larsen's makes the best! Your welcome! I was watching Silver Lining Playbook the other night and have to ask: What is a "crabby snack" and a "home-made"?

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
That's nothing compared to southern slang.

"Y'all go down yonder and fetch me a coke from the farmers stand. Here's a fiver y'all don't forget now to grab a cup of boiled goobers neither"

Only a select few will know what that mean :cheesy:

Also, coke can mean any soft drink. So if you ever go out to eat down south and order a coke, don't be surprised when they ask ya what kind.
Bu, bu, but dem der berled peenutz is good (damn it where's the peanut emoji when you need it, ffs)

Courtesy is given. Respect is Earned.

BobNH

Motorcycle headlight modulators NOT to fed spec, which is 240 ± 40 cycles per minute, plus the amount it may dim. This would be 3-5 per second, or basically a bright/dim/bright flickering.
I see them all around where they look for all the world like they are flashing their headlight to allow a car to turn in front of them, etc.; a slow on/off/on flash. It is the most ignorant and unsafe upgrade I have seen.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hard wired smoke alarms going off in the middle of the night for what appears to be no good reason. Hard to tell which one is the problem when they are all going off. Guess I'll be cleaning them and replacing all the batteries in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Self check outlines... seems like it always wants you to put your item in the bag when it's already in the bag or some other fluke that requires an attendants attention.

WJCO

Meme King
Self check outlines... seems like it always wants you to put your item in the bag when it's already in the bag or some other fluke that requires an attendants attention.

No shit. And when you want to buy one can of spray paint at Walmart for less than a dollar and it takes 15 minutes for that said attendant to come to you to verify that you're over 18.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

No shit. And when you want to buy one can of spray paint at Walmart for less than a dollar and it takes 15 minutes for that said attendant to come to you to verify that you're over 18.

Slow people in the self checkout. I stand behind people, that are so slow, they'd be better off, waiting for a cashier to ring them.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Hard wired smoke alarms going off in the middle of the night for what appears to be no good reason. Hard to tell which one is the problem when they are all going off. Guess I'll be cleaning them and replacing all the batteries in the morning.

No shit!! I had this happen on and off for a month! I replaced all the batteries and it still kept happening. Long story short turns out my kid didn't know how to use a shower curtain and the water was (slowly) dripping through the floor onto the downstairs detector setting it off. :mad:

MTG

Caught the Bug
No shit!! I had this happen on and off for a month! I replaced all the batteries and it still kept happening. Long story short turns out my kid didn't know how to use a shower curtain and the water was (slowly) dripping through the floor onto the downstairs detector setting it off. :mad:

Yep. Humidity, temperature change and dust can set them off too. Also most people don't realize that they are supposed to be replaced after 10 years. I replaced all of them in my house a year or so ago. Which makes me think it's time to replace the batteries.

jesse3638

Hooked
Target has this one beat. Avocados. Yep when you buy avocados the attendant has to come verify what size and how many. So stupid.

Although compared to most I feel Walmart has the most user friendly self check out of them all. Scanners scan, the scale for bagging seems not go give you fits. Lowe's is the worst for that "Please place item in the bagging area" Bitch it is!
Slow people in the self checkout. I stand behind people, that are so slow, they'd be better off, waiting for a cashier to ring them.

Yes I agree. Honestly it should be limited to 15 items or less like the express check out.

Judging by the time at which this was posted you couldn't get back to sleep after..;)?

That low battery chirp drives me nuts plus you feel like a cat chasing a laser pointer. Was it this one? "Beep" No that was across the house. Run to that one "Beep" That came from the one I was just at. WTF...haha.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked

I've been dealing with this the last six months...two of them were defective...they still chirped after new batteries (all of the smoke detectors are only four years old). Yesterday, I had to replace the back up batteries for two of my garage door openers...these are $50 a piece...

longarmwj

Target has this one beat. Avocados. Yep when you buy avocados the attendant has to come verify what size and how many. So stupid.

Although compared to most I feel Walmart has the most user friendly self check out of them all. Scanners scan, the scale for bagging seems not go give you fits. Lowe's is the worst for that "Please place item in the bagging area" Bitch it is!
Not as bad as Kroger. Not sure if y'all have those out in Cali or not, but the one local to me (where I worked years ago ironically) was testing a new system at the store. It would ANNOUNCE what you were buying. For example if you scanned ice cream, it would say "Bluebell Ice Cream, 4 dollars". Imagine buying, err, personal items with that system. Whoever thought that one up is a straight up bonehead :grayno:

Top Bottom