Nsg 370

Joeyd94

Any ideas on what I can use to get the 17mm hex nut out of the transmission the exhaust is in the way. Image1557191505.654954.jpg this isn’t fitting because of the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fury22

What hex nut are you trying to get out? What's the nut for?

I’m guessing he’s trying to change his transmission fluid...

I ended up finding a 17mm bolt put 2 nuts on it and cut the excess bolt off...worked well

Wethy

Eddie has a good write up on this but you can go to lowes or a hardware store pick up a 1/2" threaded rod coupling and grind down one side to fit the 17mm hex key and leave the other side and use a 3/4" wrench on it. Works like a charm and ive used it twice now. I do believe you also have to shorten the coupling some as well but its handy to have and easy to get/make

Edit : Heres the project jk write up link
https://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-nsg-370-manual-transmission-service

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

desertrunner

As mentioned before Eddie has a good write up but cut like a 1.5" section of it off and duct tape it to a wrench and wedge it in there. That's what I do at least

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkjon

You should be able to take a punch/hammer and literally knock that 17mm hex portion out of the chrome socket and just use an open ended wrench on it to back out the transmission plug.

Ruvicon

Another option would be to find a bolt with a 17mm head (or slightly larger and grind it down) and bend it like this one. Off the top of my head, don’t know how much clearance you have to work with. IMG_8830.JPG

Top Bottom