ROOF TOP TENT : What Should We Get?

Andy5160

Hooked
Until you start camping in one...you’ll not want to sleep on the ground again. Up here in the PNW, rain is not uncommon...you roll into a campsite late, it’s raining...60 seconds later your in a nice tent off the ground and loving life...in the morning, the ground is muddy...but not your tent. Don’t have to roll up the sleeping bags...don’t have to let air out of the pads...you even have your pillows from your bed...and it takes 90 seconds to button up and go...

Like everything in life, you get what you pay for...

I’ll be camping up at Staircase in the Olympic Peninsula this Wednesday...I’ll take pics

Can’t argue and never will with you get what you pay for part [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Until you start camping in one...you’ll not want to sleep on the ground again. Up here in the PNW, rain is not uncommon...you roll into a campsite late, it’s raining...60 seconds later your in a nice tent off the ground and loving life...in the morning, the ground is muddy...but not your tent. Don’t have to roll up the sleeping bags...don’t have to let air out of the pads...you even have your pillows from your bed...and it takes 90 seconds to button up and go...

I’ll be camping up at Staircase in the Olympic Peninsula this Wednesday...I’ll take pics

Sold... One day I’ll have one

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If I lived in your neck of the woods, I could see the value in a RTT.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s my issue with spending that kinda money. If I’m honest about it. I might use it 3x a year. I’m not willing to spend a ton of money on something that doesn’t get used that often.

I spoke to Hart at 4wheel parts. He said he gets good feedback on it. I trust what he says.

As in Brian? When did he go back to Trans?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The price tag of some of these options is what's hardest for me to pull the trigger on. While Cindy and I love to camp, we also love staying in historic town and hotels. For the money, you can stay in a LOT of really nice hotels and I'm not opposed to pitching a tent if needed or wanted.

The older you get the less “pitching a tent” you’ll be able to do. Little blue pill.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
We have a Toyota friend who has had the smittybilt for at least a couple of years now. Be originally thought he would get a more expensive tent later on but it has done just fine for him. When we pitch a tent, I would say he’s never slower unpacking or packing than us.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's probably even a lot smaller than needed being that we have a 5' bed. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - Oh yeah, they flip open but even still, it'd be nicer to have something just a bit bigger. :yup:

Oh, and yes, sitting below the cab makes for a nicer look in my opinion.

JK296

Eddie, here’s my Gladiator with a Tepui Kukenam on an American Adventure Lab rack. It works perfect for me. It light and deploys well. It also fits really well over the bed.

Attachments

• 407F0E5F-9086-4DFE-BE1B-B9E5785F46AA.jpg
    407F0E5F-9086-4DFE-BE1B-B9E5785F46AA.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 143
Top Bottom