Need pics of D30 failures, quick!

USMC Wrangler

I’ve been making plans for a PR44 to replace my D30 in Spider. Some of my plug welds don’t look great even though all but a few months of ownership (since new) have been in the Southwest.

I showed my darling wife today how the plug welds are rusted but nothing much else on the front axle while the rear looks fine. I tried my Google and Bing-foo for axle tube breaks without luck.

Show me what you got, ASAP! I almost have her sold!

USMC Wrangler

C’mon. It’s been 40 minutes! Nobody? I’m going to have an internet meltdown, take my keyboard and go home. [emoji23]

Jkratt

I don't have any disaster pictures to show you, but I just got rid of the 30 and replaced it with the dynatrac trail leader package. That beautiful prorock 44 allows me to have the confidence that my jeep will go anywhere. Better than that, it will get me home. Nobody knows when or if a catastrophic failure will occur on your front axle, but know this, if out on the trails when it happens the cost of getting home will definitely out way the cost of that 44. My wife was really not onboard with the jump from 35 to 37's but now says the jeep rides better than when it was new. She's sold. Best of luck to you. I am sure you will gets lots of pics.

USMC Wrangler

I don't have any disaster pictures to show you, but I just got rid of the 30 and replaced it with the dynatrac trail leader package. That beautiful prorock 44 allows me to have the confidence that my jeep will go anywhere. Better than that, it will get me home. Nobody knows when or if a catastrophic failure will occur on your front axle, but know this, if out on the trails when it happens the cost of getting home will definitely out way the cost of that 44. My wife was really not onboard with the jump from 35 to 37's but now says the jeep rides better than when it was new. She's sold. Best of luck to you. I am sure you will gets lots of pics.

Thanks! That is helpful. I would like to end up on 37’s in the next couple years and know the D30 won’t cut it for long in the AZ rocks. My wife didn’t understand the 4” lift that was recently added but she really likes it now.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I’ve been making plans for a PR44 to replace my D30 in Spider. Some of my plug welds don’t look great even though all but a few months of ownership (since new) have been in the Southwest.

I showed my darling wife today how the plug welds are rusted but nothing much else on the front axle while the rear looks fine. I tried my Google and Bing-foo for axle tube breaks without luck.

Show me what you got, ASAP! I almost have her sold!

Just Google JK axle tube breaks. Plenty on there. Although most are near the passenger upper control arm mount. I remember a post on here some time ago where a trussed axle was broken off at the diff though. Scary. I feel a lot more confident with my PR44U.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

You’re seriously going to use the members of Wayalife to send you pictures to fool your wife into agreeing to let you upgrade your Jeep? Seriously?

I approve.

WJCO

Meme King
I thought you were in the Marines? Don't be a pussy. Tell her that you bought the axle and she'd better like it.

USMC Wrangler

I thought you were in the Marines? Don't be a pussy. Tell her that you bought the axle and she'd better like it.

Bro, she’s the SgtMaj and I am just a Corporal! Ask any Jarhead. Married 21 years and counting, for a reason. My last Company Gunny always said, “It’s cheaper to keep her!”

A.J.

IMG_0430.jpg IMG_0431.jpg IMG_0432.jpg
There you go. You can tell her all about pulling the axles so you can drive home and the embarrassment of holding up everyone on the trail etc etc.

WJCO

Meme King
Here's a broken OEM 44 (same exact tubes as a Dana 30) :

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50884-2018-WAYALIFE-New-Year-s-Kick-Off-Run-HIGHLIGHTS?p=997857&viewfull=1#post997857

Top Bottom