All things Colorado

Brute

Hooked
I drive through Eugene a couple times a year...you better not start rooting for the Ducks, though...

Angry Aussie

I’m moving to Colorado in June, I’m about to get new tires and curious as to what y’all like for wheeling and snow? Currently have Nitto trail grapplers and loved them but open to try something new. Thinking of BFG all terrains, copper stt pro, ridge grapplers. Currently running 37s any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I’m moving to Colorado in June, I’m about to get new tires and curious as to what y’all like for wheeling and snow? Currently have Nitto trail grapplers and loved them but open to try something new. Thinking of BFG all terrains, copper stt pro, ridge grapplers. Currently running 37s any advice appreciated.

My experience of wheeling in deep snow isn't that fun. With that being said, on road here, the cooper stt pros are good, but Goodyear Wrangler duratracs are really good. What city are you moving to?

WJCO

Meme King
We are moving to Boulder.

I lived in Boulder many years. I'm only about 15 minutes away now. You should keep an eye on the Denver Mile High meetup thread. Good folks and good meetups.

Do they make Duratracs in a 37?

To the best of my knowledge, no. If it's not a daily driver, I would highly recommend the coopers. The duratracs are great tires, but I don't think they provide 37s. I've run the coopers in 33s and 35s and they're a great tire but this is just my trail rig.

Angry Aussie

I lived in Boulder many years. I'm only about 15 minutes away now. You should keep an eye on the Denver Mile High meetup thread. Good folks and good meetups.

To the best of my knowledge, no. If it's not a daily driver, I would highly recommend the coopers. The duratracs are great tires, but I don't think they provide 37s. I've run the coopers in 33s and 35s and they're a great tire but this is just my trail rig.

Sadly mine will still be my daily driver till after we move. What would you recommend for daily driver?

Angry Aussie

Where are you living now?

WJCO

Meme King
Sadly mine will still be my daily driver till after we move. What would you recommend for daily driver?

Are you staying in town or commuting? Honestly, if not commuting in the snow, the Coopers will probably be just fine around town even in the snow, but they're still a mud tire. I probably should have been more clear, if you're commuting on the highways regularly, an All-Terrain style tire would be better IMO when driving in the snow.

Where are you living now?

I'm just North.

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
^^^ This. We moved to Colorado from Arizona. I was running Trail Graps at the time. Super good on our trails but not very good at all in the snow, scary even. A/T’s are the best bet. I’d love to have the jack for a second set of Trail Graps. Sigh!
Anyway, welcome to Colorado. You’re gonna love the trails here.

Top Bottom