808 JTR on order

WJCO

Meme King
Found a pretty cool Easter egg ����

Yep. Only the Gladiators have it I think. And to the best of my knowledge, Jeep will not and has not disclosed the meaning of it. Kinda cool. Like that National Treasure movie, lol.

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Yep. Only the Gladiators have it I think. And to the best of my knowledge, Jeep will not and has not disclosed the meaning of it. Kinda cool. Like that National Treasure movie, lol.

I just googled it. Apparently it’s a nod to Rick Pewe. Never heard of him but apparently he’s given a lot of input over the years and only wheels in rubbah slippahs... or whatever you pilgrims call them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I just googled it. Apparently it’s a nod to Rick Pewe. Never heard of him but apparently he’s given a lot of input over the years and only wheels in rubbah slippahs... or whatever you pilgrims call them. Lol

Rick Pewe is involved with the off road magazines, writer, editor, ect. He's been around for awhile in the off road community.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

It’s on the JL too.

WJCO

Meme King

Never heard of him. I wear flip flops year round as well. Not sure if I've ever even wheeled a trail in shoes, lol.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Getting loaded up! Heading out after the kids are outta school. Really excited to have the space to bring the dogs this time.

Adjustments.jpg

Edit: the rear bumpers are just about lined up perfectly. Just goes to show how much longer the JT is compared to a JKU.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
That’s crazy how much longer it is. So who got to drive the JT?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah it’s a lot longer. The boss lady drove the JT. I heard some pretty concerning noises from it already from the rear axle. I heard it a little when I picked it up from the docks but figured it was some rust on the rotors since the whole truck was caked in salt. We had high surf over the last week so I’m sure it went through a wave or two on the way here. Didn’t get to the cabins until about 9 o’clock. I’ll dive into it when we get back.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah it’s a lot longer. The boss lady drove the JT. I heard some pretty concerning noises from it already from the rear axle. I heard it a little when I picked it up from the docks but figured it was some rust on the rotors since the whole truck was caked in salt. We had high surf over the last week so I’m sure it went through a wave or two on the way here. Didn’t get to the cabins until about 9 o’clock. I’ll dive into it when we get back.

That blows. Hopefully it’s nothing maybe. Or if it is, I’m sure a set of 60’s will fix it.

WJCO

Meme King

Hope it's something simple.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thanks guys. Yeah I hope it’s nothing major too. I know Jeeps will start making some noises eventually but it’s really a bummer that it’s starting at under 150 miles. Lol. 60s are something I can only dream of. But it’ll all work out in the end. I think worst case scenario would be that salt water got to the rear axle bearings and started rusting or something along those lines. Might just swap to revolution chromo shafts when I get the lift going if the dealer here won’t fix it for some reason (not that I trust their maint department at all). Besides that, we’ve been loving this thing so far.

JKbrick

Thanks guys. Yeah I hope it’s nothing major too. I know Jeeps will start making some noises eventually but it’s really a bummer that it’s starting at under 150 miles. Lol. 60s are something I can only dream of. But it’ll all work out in the end. I think worst case scenario would be that salt water got to the rear axle bearings and started rusting or something along those lines. Might just swap to revolution chromo shafts when I get the lift going if the dealer here won’t fix it for some reason (not that I trust their maint department at all). Besides that, we’ve been loving this thing so far.

That really sucks, at least here we get away from the salt unless it snows

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom